Student landlords insurance

Student landlord insurance

Are you renting your property to students?

For over 25 years we've been supporting landlords with student tenants.

As the UK's no. 1 student insurance provider, we've learnt a lot about students and how to support them. We know how to help them protect themselves and keep their possessions safe. Let us help you have the same peace of mind.



It makes sense to protect your rental property, and our student landlord insurance includes the following cover as standard:

  • 120 days extended unoccupancy cover – exclusive for landlords with student tenants
  • Loss of rent/temporary accommodation if your property is damaged (buildings cover)
  • Escape of water*
  • Malicious damage or vandalism by tenants*
  • Replacement locks if tenant’s keys are stolen
  • Theft, and damage caused by theft
  • Owners liability – up to £5,000,000
  • Cover for landlords contents

*Standard £250 excess increases to £1,000 for any claim for: escape of oil and water, malicious damage by tenant. You must comply with all relevant landlord legislation at all times.

Need something extra?

Student landlord insurance need something extra

Optional cover

Protect your buildings and/or contents against accidental damage caused by you or your tenants.

Additional student landlord insurance, such as legal expenses or home emergency cover, can offer extra peace of mind for both you and your tenants.

What types of property will student landlord insurance cover?

Student landlord insurance what types of property

It's likely that if you're looking to insure a buy-to-let property for residential student tenants, your requirements will be different to a landlord with a large commercial property portfolio, or a landlord with a non-standard rental (such as an unoccupied property).

Rental properties come in all shapes and sizes, so it's important that you find student landlord insurance that meets your needs.

How many properties do you need student landlord insurance for?

If you want to cover all your rental properties under a single policy, we can help with that too.

To find our more, get a quote, or arrange a call back with our specialist landlord team.


With so many things to consider as a landlord, from legislation to emergency repairs – we'll use our expertise to find you the right student landlord cover to take care of your insurance needs.

Frequently asked questions

What is landlord legal cover?

What is rent guarantee insurance?

What does landlord home emergency cover?

Why may landlords need liability cover?

What is a rebuild cost?

What is a ‘sum insured’?