Community Transports Association partner logo

Endsleigh and Locality partnership logo

A partnership you can rely on.

Having an insurance partner who understands your needs is essential in finding the right cover, which is why the Community Transport Association has chosen Endsleigh to provide specialist advice and support to its members. On average, over 94% of our clients choose to stay with us.

Bullet Point

Expert consultation and advice

We will provide a dedicated account executive to give expert consultation and advice on your not-for-profit insurance requirements, building a long-term relationship of trust to ensure you always have the right cover for your organisation.

Bullet Point

Market leading insurers

We work with market-leading insurers who specialise in competitive cover for the not-for-profit-sector. This enables us to create products that truly benefit individual organisations.

Bullet Point

Risk management support

Due to our understanding of third sector organisations, we provide additional services for customer members including safeguarding, health and safety and risk management evaluation.

Bullet Point

Long-standing heritage

We deliver specific advice and bespoke insurance arrangements to a wide range of organisations, including charities, national governing bodies, sports associations and leisure and cultural trusts.

What services do Endsleigh offer CTA members?

Community minibus and transport insurance

Whether it is a motor accident and you need to get your vehicle back on the road or protection against claims from injured third parties, we provide comprehensive cover to ensure you and your community are protected. Optional extra covers are available, like Breakdown and Legal Expenses, ensuring you are in safe hands and can get back to supporting your community as soon as possible.

Public and products liability insurance

Protects your organisation's legal liability to third parties for death, bodily injury or damage to their property by providing coverage for the legal expenses and potential compensation awards associated with such claims. This can often be extended to cover additional risks such as medical malpractice, abuse and hirer’s liability. 

Employers' liability insurance 

If your organisation has employees, employers' liability is a legal requirement. The minimum level of cover required by law is £5 million. Without this policy you may face large fines, reputational damage and uninsured claims. Coverage provides indemnity in respect of your legal liability to pay damages for death, illness, injury or disease to employees arising out of the course of their employment. Coverage may also extend to cover volunteers, people on work experience, non-executive directors and trustees. 

Professional indemnity insurance

Working as a professional, your expertise is your business and offering your services, knowledge and advice runs its own unique set of risks. Being fully covered should you find yourself in the position of having your work or advice questioned is important. That's why we work with insurers who can help you to cover the costs of potential compensation claims, legal costs and expenses required to defend yourself in court, as well as loss of income from days spent in court. 

Cyber insurance

Cyber and data risk insurance, also known as cyber liability insurance, will be there to assist and protect your organisation if it experiences a data breach, malicious cyber hack and many other types of threats to your data security. Statistics show that cyber-crime is on the increase in the UK with specialist organised crime groups targeting a wide variety of organisations, including charities. Your organisation could be severely affected if your data or network is compromised. Cyber liability cover is designed to support and protect you, providing effective cover against the costs associated with a data breach such as IT forensics, loss of income and third party liability. It will also provide access to specialist legal advice and expertise to help minimise any damage. 

Buildings, contents and equipment insurance 

We are able to cover your assets such as buildings, contents, fixtures/fittings, tenant improvements, stock and any other equipment which is essential for your organisation to run. Cover can include fire, flood, theft, accidental damage, malicious damage and a number of other perils as well as insurance for portable items used outside the place of business. 

Charity support services 

Endsleigh has a wealth of experience in helping organisations manage their risk. Whether you're a small community charity or a large commercial organisation, our support service is designed to simplify health, safety and employment legislation.

Visit our charity support website

How is Endsleigh supporting CTA members during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, not-for-profits, businesses and individuals alike have all worked tirelessly to make sure those most at risk have the essential support they need.

Previously we shared some stories about how CTA members have been reaching out to the community at this unprecedented time. If you haven’t already, we would also encourage you to take a look at the guidance that CTA have put together:

But while you’ve been working hard to help your communities, the CTA team here at Endsleigh have been working hard to help you, ensuring our clients’ policies cover essential coronavirus services - such as food, goods and prescription drop offs.

But we’ve also worked closely with our motor panel to ensure our clients’ vehicles are properly protected if they’ve been declared off-road during COVID-19 with ‘laid up cover’. You can find out more about this below. 

We would also like to take this opportunity to highlight the outstanding efforts of community transport providers who, where they can, are supporting the national effort, delivering food, goods and medicine to homes within your local community. Endsleigh have ensured that these additional services are accommodated and the appropriate cover is in place during this critical time for those with CTA Insurance policies.

How quickly can I put my vehicles back on the road if they have been declared SORN?

You can put your vehicles back on the road with immediate effect.

In most cases, comprehensive cover would have been agreed at the start of the policy. Therefore all you have to do is email us to let us know that your vehicles need to go back to being protected on a comprehensive basis and we will arrange this for you with immediate effect. We will then issue policy documents, similarly to when you first took out the policy. This process also applies to fleet policies as the majority of these will be on a Quarterly declaration basis.

Will having PPE measures in place on our minibuses affect my insurance?

No, this will fall under your combined liability policy.

What is laid up insurance?

If you’re no longer using your vehicle on a regular basis, then it is a legal requirement to either continue to renew your motor vehicle tax, insurance and annual MOT (if applicable) while it’s not in use, or declare it off-road with a Statutory Off-Road Notice (SORN) via the DVLA.

It is not a legal requirement to have insurance in place for vehicles that have been declared SORN as there’s no third party risk, however there are still risks involved with storing your vehicle that you may not want to be financially liable for.

Laid up insurance (also known as “SORN insurance”) is simply cover provided to protect any vehicle that is being stored off the road against risks such as accidental damage, fire or theft.

While laid up insurance is most often used for cars, minibuses, vans and motorbikes, this is a popular for cover for classic cars that are often stored off-road - either for protection, or because they are being repaired or restored.

How does laid up cover work?

If you’re an existing CTA member with a policy with Endsleigh, get in touch with your dedicated account manager today to discuss your requirements.

Will I need to take out a new policy?

No, you will not need to take out a new policy – you can simply update your policy either at the beginning of your insurance contract (e.g. renewal) or mid-term.

Please ensure that any vehicles you’re planning to insure are being declared SORN with the DVLA.

It is also important to keep up to date with the most recent news from the government regarding MOT renewals.

What information do I need to get a quote for laid up insurance? 

  • Let us know which of your vehicles require laid up cover (ensuring any vehicles you’re covering are being declared SORN with the DVLA)
  • Tell us the full address of where the vehicles are going to be kept
  • Provide details of the security measurements in place where the vehicles are stored – for example, are they in a secure location with CCTV cameras in place?
What does laid up insurance cover?

If you have to declare your vehicles off-road, the motor insurers we work with have agreed to provide cover for CTA members’ vehicles for accidental damage, fire and theft at a reduced rate.

We can also provide cover for modified vehicles, such as vehicles that have wheelchair ramps or tail lifts.

Why do I need laid up cover?

Any community transport organisation may need to lay up their vehicles whilst they are not in use and providing their usual day to day services. And during this low activity period, you may not want to pay your full MOT, tax and insurance premiums.

By updating your policy to laid up cover only, it could help your not-for-profit organisation save money on your insurance premiums.

Serving the Community – People to Places and Buzzer Buses

Since becoming CTA’s partner, we've been reaching out to organisations across the UK to see how we can help when it comes to the insurance you rely on to serve your communities. Here, we've shared the stories of two CTA members who are going above and beyond in these difficult times

UI icon
Call us now 0333 234 1146
Why Endsleigh for CTA insurance?

Why Endsleigh?

With over 30 years' experience working with charities of all sizes, we understand that the wide ranging and often complex needs require a particular duty of care to ensure your organisation is adequately protected. That's why our charity insurance team can provide specialist tailored products backed with expert support and advice.

Customer reviews

Buzzer Buses (Dial-A-Ride) Ltd
People to Places
Community Transport Association

Buzzer Buses (Dial-A-Ride) Ltd

As a Community Transport Operation we offer Dial-A-Ride as one of many services and our insurance needs can sometimes be a little complex. Ben Harris from Endsleigh gave me all of the time I needed to explain our operation and discuss different options available as well as some time to talk about current events and for me to get to know him on a more personal level. I would recommend this company if you want a friendly and professional company to assist with all of your insurance needs.

Open Speech Mark Close Speech Mark

Matt Gale

People to Places

As a small community transport organisation, insurance is one of our biggest costs over the year. So it’s vital that we are happy with our insurance arrangements that’s value for money and with an organisation that appreciates who we are and what we do. Endsleigh are great, their staff are very engaged with us, they’re knowledgeable and responsive. I’m very happy to have our minibus Fleet insurance and all the other insurances we require as a small charity handled by their specialist team.

Open Speech Mark Close Speech Mark

Peter Haley
Chief Executive Officer

Community Transport Association

We’re excited to be partnering with Endsleigh who will bring their expertise and experience to CTA Insurance, offering competitive, community transport focused policies to organisations who act as a lifeline to so many people up and down the UK. CTA Insurance, provided by Endsleigh, is a popular member benefit and we’re excited that this new partnership will improve the service we offer to our members.

Open Speech Mark Close Speech Mark

Bill Freeman
Chief Executive


I have been working closely now with Endsleigh since Locality began on 1st April 2011, in that time I have been very impressed with their knowledge of the sector and of their finance products i.e. both insurance and pensions. The level of service they provide has been excellent with a personal touch that means we know the people we need to talk to and they know us too.

Open Speech Mark Close Speech Mark

Rosy Hearn
Membership manager

You might also be interested in...

Specialist charity insurance

With over 30 years' experience in the third sector, we provide expert advice and specialist products for large charities and not-for-profit organisations.

Public liability for charities

Protect your charity or not-for-profit organisation with robust public liability insurance, so you can feel prepared for the unexpected.

Trustee indemnity insurance

Financial protection for trustees, directors, governers, officers and committee members of charities, clubs or not-for-profit organisations.

Need to contact us?

Our friendly team are ready to talk to you:

Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm

Call us on 0333 234 1146