What's covered with tenants insurance?

Your contents

Protect your belongings against fire, theft, smoke and flood, with optional accidental damage cover. We can offer contents cover from £3,000 to £80,000, dependent on your individual circumstances

Cover away from the home

Protect your most valuable possessions whilst you're out and about. Laptops and mobile phones can be covered up to £1,500 and you can also cover more expensive items by specifying them on your policy

Personal accident

Up to £2,000 cover if you're in an accident and sustain injuries causing permanent disability

Tenants' liability cover

You're covered for up to 30% of the sum insured for loss or damage to buildings for which you are legally responsible under the terms of your tenancy agreement

Flexible cover

Tailor your cover for extra peace of mind with our optional extras, including accidental damage cover, home emergency and legal expenses

Tailor your tenants insurance with our optional extras

We don’t believe in one size fits all. Tailor your tenants insurance with optional extras and cover upgrades that suit you and your home.

Legal expenses

If you find yourself in a dispute relating to employment, contract or property issues or clinical negligence, we’re here to help. We’ll appoint a law firm on your behalf and you can claim up to £50,000 for legal representation. Please see your tenants insurance policy booklet for more information.

What is legal cover?

Home emergency

Take the panic out of a situation with our home emergency optional extra. Reassurance for a range of problems, such as a break in or central heating system that doesn’t work*. Simply call our 24 hour emergency helpline. We’ll assess the situation and send out one of our recommended contractors. All work is guaranteed for 12 months as long as you use one of our recommended tradespeople. *Your central heating boiler must be less than 15 years old in order to be covered, and must have had an annual service check within the last 12 months.

Contents accidental damage

Whether it's a water spill on your laptop or a hot iron placed face down on the carpet, choose to add accidental damage cover to your tenants insurance policy and we'll protect your items against those irritating mishaps that can turn out costly to fix.

What is tenants' liability cover?

Why Endsleigh for tenants insurance?

With over 15 years’ experience insuring homes and contents, we provide flexible cover so you can decide exactly the amount of cover you need. Not only that, but our policies allow you to upgrade your cover for extra protection.

Interested in tenants insurance? You might also be interested in...

Buildings and contents insurance 

Flexible protection for your buildings and contents, including up to £500 for replacement keys and locks.

Contents insurance 

Protect what's important to you with tailored contents cover. Control the amount of cover you need, from £3,000 to £80,000 for your personal belongings.

First time buyer insurance 

Flexible home insurance for first time buyers, including up to £500,000 buildings cover, up to £50,000 contents cover and various flexible cover options.

Need help with tenants insurance?

Search our FAQs

Find your possible

Looking for some handy tips and tricks? Find out more on the blog!

Home and living

Property Maintenance Checklist

Read more

Home and living

The Ultimate Guide For Teachers: Protecting Your Home

Read more

Home and living

10 tips to increase the value of your home

Read more

Home and living

Cheap ways to stay warm this winter

Read more

Need to get in touch?

Our friendly team are ready to talk to you:

Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm, Sat, 9am to 5pm

Call us on 0333 234 1552