recommended by nus logo

The only insurance provider recommended by NUS

icas best student insurance provider logo

Voted the 'Best Student Insurance Provider' at the ICAs 2019!

Takeaway a month’s rent

Fancy winning a takeaway for you and your mates? Or how about a month’s rent? Just sign up for our housing content and you’ll be entered into the prize draw.

What does our student home contents insurance cover?

Whether you're living in halls or a shared house, we'll provide comprehensive student possessions insurance for your essential items.

UI icon

Cover from £1.85 per month*

*Based on an off-campus, privately rented property insured up to £2,000

UI icon

Tenants' liability cover

Up to £2,500 tenants' liability insurance to cover any items you're legally responsible for in your student property

UI icon

Lost keys

Up to £250 for replacement locks and lost keys

UI icon

Optional accidental damage

Protect your items against accidental drops and spills by adding optional accidental damage cover

Flexible student cover for gadgets and contents

Taking your gadgets to uni? Stay connected when it matters most. Build your cover to protect both your gadgets and contents under one policy with Endsleigh, the UK's No. 1 student insurance provider.

UI icon
Call us now 0333 234 1557
student gadget insurance from endsleigh

Need help with student contents insurance?

Read our student FAQs to find out more about who needs student contents insurance and what it covers while you’re living in uni halls or a student house.

What is student contents insurance?

Student contents insurance is a type of insurance policy that will protect your contents and belongings - such as your clothes, furniture and electrical items - while you’re living in university accommodation. With Endsleigh, you can build your student contents policy to include cover for gadgets against theft, accidental and liquid damage while you’re away at university.

What does student contents insurance cover?

Endsleigh’s student contents insurance will protect your belongings while living in halls or a shared student house against risks such as fire, theft, flood, malicious damage and more. We even offer New for Old replacement on your essential items, meaning you’ll get a brand new replacement for your damaged belongings, even if they’ve depreciated in value. If you require additional cover, you can upgrade your student contents policy to include protection against accidental damage, Key Care and home emergency.

Do I need student contents insurance?

Not only is it a hassle to replace belongings after a mishap, but some items can also be expensive to replace – a cost you could probably do without when you’re living on a student budget. Having student contents insurance in place will make sure you’re not left out of pocket should anything unexpected happen to your essential items. Sometimes your student contents will be covered under your parents’ home insurance policy while you’re living in uni halls or a student house, but not always - so it’s important to check that your items are protected before you move into your new accommodation.

Are mobile phones covered by student contents insurance?

Endsleigh’s student insurance policies are flexible, meaning you can add cover for your mobile phones, laptops, tablets and other gadgets onto your student contents insurance, keeping all your cover in one place. However, policy covers may be different for your gadgets than your student contents, so check your full policy wording to make sure you understand the protection you have in place.

Why Endsleigh for student contents insurance?

With our flexible student home insurance you can protect all your contents and gadgets, including phones, tablets, laptops, watches, televisions, printers, handbags, fitbits, bikes, musical instruments, sports equipment and much more all under one policy.

Interested in contents insurance for your student house? You might also be interested in...

Student gadget insurance

Stay connected with Endsleigh's flexible and affordable student gadget insurance, protecting the items that matter most.

Student car insurance

As the UK's No. 1 student insurance provider, we provide affordable car insurance for student drivers. Get a quote today!

Gap year insurance

Whether it's a quick trip abroad or a lap around the world, our gap year travel insurance will cover you wherever you go.

Need to contact us?

Our friendly team are ready to talk to you:

Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm, Sat: 9am to 5pm

Call us on 0333 234 1557