School Trip Cover Insurance
We are introducing Just Travel Cover’s School Trip Cover, a product underwritten by Red Sands Insurance Company Ltd. Just Travel Cover’s School Trip Cover provides a solution for you if you haven’t booked a trip directly with a tour operator, whereby this type of travel cover is often included with the trip. School Trip Cover will help ensure pupils, teachers, parents and volunteers are protected when away from the classroom on school trips.
Partnered with British Educational Travel Association
What's covered with School Trip Cover insurance?
Just Travel Cover's School Trip Cover insurance has your school's needs in mind, where you have booked outside of using a tour operator. Cover includes:
Cancellation or cutting your trip short
Cover for up to £1,500 for unused and irrecoverable costs should the trip be unexpectedly cancelled or cut short. (Terms and restrictions apply. Please see policy wording for details).
Medical emergency and repatriation expenses
In the event of accident, illness or injury abroad, cover for up to £10 million for emergency medical treatment, repatriation and the services of a medical assistance company.
Baggage and personal belongings
Cover if personal belongings are lost, stolen or damaged including loss or theft of money and expenses to replace a passport or other important travel documents.
You don’t need to specify the names of all pupils - things can change, so you just need to state the number of pupils going on the trip and one adult lead traveller. Just make sure there is one adult per ten children.
What is Just Travel Cover’s School Trip Cover insurance?
School trips can provide wonderful opportunities for children to enjoy, explore and discover different places outside of school. School Trip Cover insurance helps give you peace of mind that should something unexpected happen, your pupils, teachers, volunteers and parents can be covered for emergency medical expenses, cancellation, lost baggage, stolen money and more.
Just Travel Cover’s School Trip Cover provides a solution for you if you haven’t booked a trip directly with a tour operator, whereby this type of travel cover is often included with the trip.
Please visit the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) website to ensure your destination is not restricted under any FCDO directive which will affect the cover provided under your insurance policy.
School trip travel insurance; frequently asked questions:
It’s important to fully understand your cover before you take it out. Here are some frequently asked questions regarding Just Travel Cover’s School Trip Cover insurance.
Just Travel Cover’s School Trip Cover insurance will provide cover for school travel which includes:
- 24-hour emergency medical assistance.
- Cover for over 150 sports and activities available.
- Three category levels of sports and activity cover including tournaments.
- Cover available for travellers aged up to 75 years old.
- Low standard excess at £50.
- Additional cover options.
The key benefits of Just Travel Cover’s School Trip Cover insurance are:
- Covid cover - from emergency medical expenses to cancellation, covid cover is included as standard – in place before departure and while travelling.
- Emergency medical expenses - in the event of accident, illness or injury abroad, up to £10 million for emergency medical treatment, repatriation and the services of a medical assistance company.
- Cancellation or curtailment - up to £1,500 for any non-refundable unused travel and accommodation costs if the trip must be cancelled or cut a trip short due to certain insured events such as illness, death and redundancy.
- Abandonment - up to £1,500 if a decision is made to cancel a trip following a delay of 12 hours or more at the outbound journey from the UK.
- Baggage - up to £1,000 for items that are usually carried or worn during a trip if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Personal money - up to £500 (£150 pupil money limit) if cash or money is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Loss of passport - up to £200 if a passport and/or travel documents are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Personal accident - up to £10,000 for accidental bodily injury that results in death or loss of limb, loss of sight or permanent total disablement.
- Personal liability - up to £2 million (increased to £5 million for teachers) if anyone insured becomes legally liable to pay costs due to an incident caused directly or indirectly by them that results in injury, death to a person or loss or damage to property.
- Legal protection - up to £25,000 if anyone insured (or their representative) wishes to claim compensation due to their death, illness or personal injury.
Just like with most insurance policies, there are certain things that aren’t covered with Just Travel Cover's School Trip Cover insurance. These include:
- Any policy excesses – where applicable, the first amount of each claim made.
- Purchasing this insurance whilst aware of circumstance that are likely to lead to a claim
- Inability to provide evidence from a medical professional confirming the illness, infectious disease, injury or death.
- Disinclination to travel, a fear of travelling or lack of affordability to pay for the trip.
- Undeclared existing medical conditions or symptoms.
- Trips which have begun before the cover start date.
- Known events or situations before taking out a policy or booking a trip which could prevent travel.
- Taking part in activities unless stated as covered.
- Claims caused by alcohol, drugs or substance abuse.
- Loss, theft or damage to valuables, cash, important documents or personal money left unattended.
Cover is available for worldwide destinations including the ability to insure multi-destination trips (exclusions may apply).
Cover is available for trips up to a maximum duration of 22 days.