Buildings and contents insurance

Protect the structure of your building and everything that's inside. Cover everything that makes your house a home.

  • We'll give you more for less with up to 15% discount on joint buildings and contents insurance policies
  • Our cover can be tailored to your needs with a selection of optional extras and upgrades
  • UK based claims and customer service experts

We know your home is more than just a building. That’s why we work with a panel of top insurers, to create buildings and contents insurance that fits you and your home perfectly. If it’s important to you, we protect it. Make your insurance cover even more personal with our range of optional extras and insurance cover upgrades.  

Why choose us?

  • Up to 15% discount on combined cover
  • Tailor your cover with optional extras and upgrades
  • More than 50 years’ experience insuring homes and contents
  • UK based claims and customer service experts

What’s covered?

  • Your buildings

    Cover for damage to the structure of your home and permanent fixtures such as your kitchen, bathroom and fitted wardrobes against perils such as fire, theft, flood, subsidence, vandalism and malicious damage.

  • Your contents

    Protect your belongings against a number of perils including fire, theft, smoke and flood.

  • Cover away from home

    Protect the items that are most valuable to you whilst you're out and about. Items such as laptops and mobile phones can be covered up to £1,500. You can also cover more expensive items by specifying them on your policy.

  • Outbuildings and garden

    Garden furniture, patio heaters, lawnmowers, pots and plants are covered up to a value of £300. You can also claim up to £500 for items damaged or stolen from outbuildings.

  • Keys and locks

    Up to £250 to replace keys and locks for external doors if your keys have been stolen. Keys and locks to safes or alarm systems are also covered.

  • Escape of water or oil

    You’re covered if your washing machine, dishwasher, central heating system or fridge leaks, providing they’ve been kept in a good state of repair. You’re also covered for any loss of metered water.

  • Underground pipes and cables

    Cover for accidental damage to underground drains, pipes, cables and tanks providing services to or from your home for which you are legally responsible.

  • Trace and access

    Up to £5,000 to cover the cost of detecting and repairing the source of a water leak.

  • Liability cover

    Up to £1,000,000 cover for any amount which you become legally liable to pay as a result of damage to somebody else’s property, or in the event that any person suffers an injury whilst on your property.

  • Alternative accommodation

    Up to 20% of the sum insured for the cost of temporary accommodation if your home is uninhabitable due to an event covered by your policy.

Make it personal

We don’t believe in one size fits all. Tailor your buildings and contents insurance with optional extras and cover upgrades that suit you and your home. 

Legal expenses 

If you find yourself in a dispute relating to employment, contract or property issues, or clinical negligence, we’re here to help. We’ll appoint a law firm on your behalf and you can claim up to £50,000 for legal representation. Please see the policy booklet for more information.

Home emergency

Take the panic out of a situation with our home emergency optional extra. Reassurance for a range of problems such as a break in, or central heating that doesn’t work, as long as it’s been regularly serviced. Simply call our 24 hour emergency helpline. We’ll assess the situation and send out one of our recommended contractors. All work is guaranteed for 12 months as long as you use one of our recommended tradespeople. 

Accidental damage

Choose accidental damage insurance as an optional extra on your home insurance and you’re covered for those irritating mishaps that are costly to fix. So if you put your foot through a floorboard or a hot iron falls off the ironing board and burns the carpet, you’re covered.