Feefo logo
0333 234 1447
Mon-Fri: 9am to 5pm | Sat-Sun: Closed

Arts and cultural trust insurance

The leading insurance broker in the leisure and cultural trust sector

Specialist cover designed to meet the evolving needs of arts and cultural trusts - including protection against the financial and public liability risks associated with theatres, concert halls, museums, art exhibitions, cultural events and more.

What does arts and cultural trust insurance cover?

From libraries to heritage sites, we deliver bespoke insurance solutions with all the essential covers you’ll need to protect your organisation’s interests, including:

Bullet Point

Bespoke products and services

We work with a market-leading panel of insurers to offer flexible protection for a range of cultural organisations and activities across the UK. We understand that arts and cultural trusts’ needs can vary greatly depending on the activities they run – which is why we’ll get to know your organisation in depth to make sure we’re providing the right cover.

Bullet Point

Risk management support

Risk identification can be complex for cultural organisations that offer a wide range of services and facilities. This is why we offer services such as health and safety audits and advice, fire risk assessments and physical security audits - helping your organisation stay protected at every step.

Bullet Point

Expert advice and market-leading insurers

We want to build a long-term partnership you can rely on, so we’ll provide a dedicated client executive who will work with you to build a solution that meets the specific needs and risks of your organisation. Every year we’ll carry out market exercises to make sure you’re always getting the right cover at the most competitive price, as well as offering support with claims management and trend analysis.

Bullet Point

Our service promise

We work to a Service Level Agreement to make sure we’re always offering fast solutions to your routine leisure trust insurance needs as they happen. If you need to make a change to your policy, we’ll respond the same day and won’t charge administration fees for any transaction, including new business, mid-term or renewal.

What is arts and cultural trust insurance?


The risks associated with arts and cultural trusts can often be more unique than other organisations, sometimes with rare and invaluable assets that require specialist cover to make sure they’re fully protected. For example, what would happen if a visitor accidentally knocked over an ancient statue? Or injured themselves on a tour?

Arts and cultural trust insurance is designed to protect against these unique risks and more, allowing arts and cultural trusts to build their cover to include protections for their staff, customers, assets, and facilities all under one bespoke policy.

Speak to one of our specialist client executives to get expert cover, support and advice for a range of arts and cultural organisations and activities - including theatres, museums, art galleries, heritage sites, concert halls, cinemas and more.

Specialists in the sports, leisure and cultural trust sector

Arts and cultural trusts
Leisure trusts
Sports clubs and associations

Arts and cultural trust insurance: FAQs

As a specialist in this sector, we aim to make finding the right cover a simple process. Find out more about arts and cultural trust insurance by reading our FAQs.

What covers are available for arts and cultural trusts?

Arts and cultural trust insurance with Endsleigh can include any (or all) of the following covers:

Public liability insurance 

If you work with customers or through a third party, you may need to arrange cover for public liability. Although not technically a legal requirement, public liability insurance is an essential cover to protect your organisation against the costs of potentially expensive third-party compensation claims and legal fees should someone get sick, injured, or damage their property on your premises. Our policies also provide cover for legionella related claims.

Product liability insurance 

If you produce, sell or repair products as part of your services, then you will need product liability insurance. Similarly, to public liability insurance, products liability cover can protect your business against claims for legal and compensation costs should the product you sell, manufacture or repair cause someone to get ill, injured, or damage their property.

Employers’ liability insurance 

If your organisation employs at least one person, employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement. The minimum level of cover required by law is £5 million – without this policy, you may face large fines and reputational damage.

Directors and officers’ insurance 

Financial protection to partners, directors and officers within a company (those people with a personal liability for the actions they take in undertaking their duties within the company) is vital. Without this cover, individuals can be held personally liable to the full extent of their wealth or assets. Often these policies can be extended to include claims made against the organisation as well as an individual.

Trustees indemnity insurance 

The role of a trustee comes with certain responsibilities, exposing those individuals in trustee positions to the risk of being held personally liable should something go wrong. Trustees’ indemnity insurance is designed to cover the cost of claims where compensation for wrongful acts is made against the insured (for example, negligence or breach of trust).

Professional indemnity insurance 

Working as a professional, your expertise is your business and offering your services, knowledge and advice runs its own unique set of risks. Being fully covered should you find yourself in the position of having your work or advice questioned is important. That’s why we work with insurers who can help you to cover the costs of potential compensation claims, legal costs and expenses required to defend yourself in court as well as loss of income from days spent in court.

Cyber insurance 

Cyber-crime is on the increase in the UK with specialist organised crime groups targeting everyone, including arts and cultural trusts. Your organisation (and your reputation) could quickly be severely affected if your data or network is compromised. Our cyber liability cover is designed to support and protect you – providing effective cover against loss of income and claims made against you as well as access to legal advice and expertise to help minimise any damage.

Asset insurance 

Not only are we able to cover leased or owned buildings, but can also provide comprehensive contents, stock and equipment insurance to protect the things inside your work premises that are essential for your organisation to run. This can cover against damage and theft for furniture, fixtures and fittings, stock, specialist equipment, personal items belonging to employees and visitors, damage to contents in windows and displays and items used outside of the business premises in connection with your work.

Business interruption insurance 

Building and contents policies alone make no allowances for any resulting financial loss during interrupted trading. That’s why business interruption insurance covers this loss of income or additional costs that may result.

Legal expenses insurance 

If you have to defend yourself and your company in court, legal expenses cover can provide access to legal assistance (including assistance with employment disputes, contract disputes, property disputes, investigations and tax protection).

Contract works insurance 

Insurance designed to cover builders and other trades to cover damage by an insured event to work that is underway on site, such as fire, theft, flood or malicious damage (for example, vandalism).

Engineering inspection and breakdown insurance 

These policies safeguard computers, plant and equipment against machinery breakdown and business interruption as well as providing statutory inspections services (including for lifts and pressured vessels).

Business travel insurance 

We provide a wide range of cover for business trips, including medical expenses, repatriation, cancellation, delay, personal liability and loss of money, as well as a 24-hour emergency helpline to offer total support and reassurance.

Group personal accident 

This provides valuable protection for your organisation and employees – protecting against injury, disability or death as the result of an accident.

Speak to our specialist team to understand the covers you might need for your organisation.

What other services can arts and cultural trusts access?

Our team of specialist client executives are experts in sourcing the best insurance cover for their clients. They'll take the time to understand your organisation and advise you on the cover you'll need to protect it through our vast range of insurance options.

We’re dedicated to providing an all-in-one service to arts and cultural trusts, which is why we also provide:

The Endsleigh Bursary

Providing targeted financial support to assist with risk management.

Risk management

We’ll support with identifying and managing the unique risks associated with your cultural trust.

Claims management

Claims management and analysis through detailed reports.

Support and advice

Advice on managing incidents and providing information for insurers.

Do you provide cover for listed buildings?

A listed property is any property that appears on the list of ‘buildings of special architectural or historic interest,’ also known as the national heritage list – so it’s not uncommon for cultural trusts to have one or more listed buildings in their asset archive.

But unfortunately, appearing on the list also means that there are special controls in place to prevent the building being altered, extended, or demolished due to its significance. Listed properties can also present more of a challenge when it comes to finding the right insurance due to the specialist requirements (and therefore increased costs) of restoring the property should the unexpected happen – such as debris clearance or restoring specifically listed features.

Our arts and cultural trust policies can provide comprehensive buildings insurance for listed buildings – just speak to one of our specialist client executives for more information.

Do you provide cover for fine art and rare collections?

Yes – from paintings to sculptures to rare book collections, all assets that your organisation is financially responsible for can be covered under your arts and cultural trust insurance with Endsleigh.

This includes cover against theft or damage to contents, stock, equipment, and anything else inside your premises that are essential for your organisation to operate.

Are events covered by arts and cultural trust insurance?

Events are a vital part of running a cultural trust – but they can also be a high-risk investment, exposing organisations to potentially expensive losses and liability claims should things go wrong.

So, if your charity couldn’t afford to lose the money from deposits, venue hire or any other outlays prior to an event, then it’s a good idea to have event insurance in place to protect your investment.

Not only that, but trusts have an extra responsibility to their staff, volunteers, and service users to make sure they’re protected against any additional risks they may encounter at an event.

We can provide cover for either one-off or multiple events as part of your arts and cultural trust insurance package - speak to one of our specialist client executives to find out more about cultural event insurance.

Kirsty Cumming
Chief Executive
Community Leisure UK

“Endsleigh are a trusted and valued partner of Community Leisure UK. We have a long standing relationship and have consistently been impressed with their knowledge and friendly manner. They have a good understanding of the leisure sector and have always been willing to share insight and reflections with ourselves and our members, answering questions and explaining things in a clear and accessible manner.” 

Gerard Vinton
Burnley Leisure

“We invited Endsleigh to join the process and within a matter of weeks Endsleigh saved the Trust nearly 50% of its insurance bill for exactly the same level of cover and with some additional cover added, such as cyber insurance. We happily agreed a three year deal, in a time of ensuring every penny counts. Our switch to Endsleigh was financially advantageous, and the Endsleigh team have been superb.” 

Georgie Reeves
Asset Manager
Mytime Active

“There are few insurance brokers that have the knowledge and expertise of both the industry and our sector than Endsleigh. Their technical knowledge and advice has translated into the improved policies and savings they have arranged for us. Endsleigh are a professional brokerage with a personal touch and customer centric focus.” 

Interested in arts and cultural trust insurance?

You might also be interested in...

Cover for sports clubs

Find out more about sports club insurance.

Cover for leisure trusts

Find out more about leisure trust insurance.

Cover for community groups

Find out more about community group insurance.

Cover for charities

Find out more about charity insurance.

Cover for charity fleets

Find out more about charity motor insurance.

Cover for small charities

Find out more about small charity insurance.


Need some quick tips or guidance? Read more on our blog!


Keeping your belongings safe at uni

Read more


Gadgets: To insure or not to insure

Read more


Are your Christmas gifts protected?

Read more


12 AMAZING lockdown birthday ideas

Read more

Need to get in touch?

Our friendly team are ready to talk to you:

Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm

Call us on 0333 234 1358