Locality and Endsleigh partnership logo

Partnered with Locality

Acevo and Endsleigh partnership logo

More than 3000 third sector customers already choose Endsleigh as their charity insurance specialist.

Extensive charity cover for complex needs

Having an insurance partner who understands your needs is essential in finding the right cover. With over thirty years’ experience and over 3,000 not-for-profit customers in the UK, we work with market-leading insurers to provide competitive coverage and expert consultation and advice for your organisation.

Public liability

There are few not-for-profit organisations that don’t involve participation from the public. Whether you’re making or selling goods, working with communities or engaging with third parties, it’s important to make sure your organisation is protected. Public liability insurance will provide cover for defence costs relating to allegations of negligence against you or your employees following third party injury or property damage.

Employers liability

Employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement and will protect your organisation from legal costs and compensation claims arising from employee bodily injury and or illness.

Professional indemnity

For organisations providing advice to individuals or other organisations, you may need professional indemnity cover in place to protect against claims made following allegations of negligent advice, errors or omissions which result in third party financial loss. In fact, it may even be a requirement of some third party contracts that you have professional indemnity insurance in place.

Cyber insurance

If you’re storing client data it’s important to make sure you have safeguards in place, as a cyber attack could not only interrupt your charitable activities and impact your income, but also have a negative affect on your organisation’s reputation. Cyber insurance will provide cover for loss of income, legal protection and compensation claims following a cyber attack as well as social engineering or phishing attacks.

Need to know more about charity insurance?

Each charity is unique and finding the right cover can be complicated if you're not sure what risks you need to be protected against. Perhaps it’s an injured volunteer, an unhappy service user or a trustee is accused of negligence - just like a business, charities need to protect themselves against the unexpected.

Here at Endsleigh we understand that charitable organisations have got a lot on your plate, so we aim to make finding the right charity insurance an easy process. Find out more about the basics of charity insurance by reading our FAQs.

What is charity insurance?

‘Charity insurance’ is an all-encompassing term given to the insurance policy taken out for a charity, non-profit or local community group. Because every charity is unique, their insurance policy needs to be as well, with specialist cover in place to protect against the risks associated with their specific activities. Charity insurance can include cover for property, such as buildings and contents insurance or motor fleet cover, as well as liability protection – such as employer’s liability, public liability or professional indemnity insurance.

Does my charity need cyber insurance?

Many charities and social enterprises are becoming increasingly at risk against cyber and data attacks because of the sensitive data they hold, such as personal medical records.

Remember - the size of your organization is irrelevant. If you’re storing employee, client or customer data, you could be a target for a cyber attack.

If your data or network was compromised, your business could quickly grind to a halt. Although hacking is often reported as the cause of a data breach, data loss can also be caused by a computer virus or simply by employee error.

With cyber insurance you’re not only covered against loss of income and any claims made against you, but you also have access to legal advice and a team of experts to help minimise the damage caused to your business.

Do I need charity event insurance?

Fundraising is an essential part of running a charity, and events are an effective way of building public awareness as well as a potential profit making venture. But no event comes without risks attached, so it’s important to make sure your organisation, employees and financial investment into the event are protected. Charity event insurance will cover the costs and expenses you incur, as well as any anticipated profits following cancellation of the event. Cover can be extended to include adverse weather for outdoor events.

What charity insurance cover should I choose?

Every charity and its needs are different, so it’s important to choose the right policy for you and your organisation. There are a number of considerations to take into account when choosing your charity insurance, such as:

• How many employees and volunteers do you have?
• Do you deal with members of the public?
• Do you own or lease vehicles?
• Do you run events?
• Do you give advice or recommendations?
• Do you make or sell products or goods?
• Do you require cover for buildings, contents or stock?
• What contracts do you have in place?
• Do you have a contingency plan in place should something happen to your premises?
• Do you hold customer or employee data?
• Do you use computers in your day to day operations?
• Does your organisation have a website?

Insurance for community centres

Community centres and village halls are at the very heart of the neighbourhood and provide a valuable service to the public. Making sure that you have the right community centre or village hall insurance can be difficult, as there are lots of different elements to consider. Here at Endsleigh we can tailor an insurance package to suit your needs.


Insurance for small charities

We know how important it is for small charities and not-for-profits to keep costs to a minimum. But there’s no getting away from the fact that a level of insurance cover is essential, even if that’s as simple as public liability for a fundraising event. If you’re unsure of what cover you need, we can help. We’ll provide advice and guidance on the things you should be thinking about, whether that’s protecting your employees, your assets or your data.


Charity support services

Our charity support services are designed to simplify legislation for your voluntary organisation. We provide additional services for customer members including safeguarding, health and safety and risk management evaluation.

Find out more Arrange a call
Charity support services from endsleigh

Customer reviews

We value our clients' feedback and use it to improve our products and services.

Wirral Ark
James Hopkins Trust
The Nelson Trust

Wirral Ark

Two years ago when we decided to change our insurers we contacted Endsleigh for assistance, which was a decision we have never regretted. Julie Worrall from Endsleigh worked tirelessly to get us the right deal, both financially and to ensure the correct cover for the industry in which we work. I would have no hesitation in recommending Endsleigh to any organisation who are considering their insurance options.

Open Speech Mark Close Speech Mark

Anne O’Marah
Chief Executive

James Hopkins Trust

Matthew Balmforth from Endsleigh met with us and listened to all our protection needs (which are varied and complex). Throughout the whole process Matthew ensured he was readily available to answer any questions and quickly processed any adjustments needed to the insurance policy proposal. Matthew gave us his absolute best attention to ensure we had a tailor made policy which met James Hopkins Trust’s needs.

Open Speech Mark Close Speech Mark

Sarah James
Head of fundraising


I have been working closely now with Endsleigh since Locality began on 1st April 2011, in that time I have been very impressed with their knowledge of the sector and of their finance products i.e. both insurance and pensions. The level of service they provide has been excellent with a personal touch that means we know the people we need to talk to and they know us too.

Open Speech Mark Close Speech Mark

Rosy Hearn
Membership manager

The Nelson Trust

As a small/medium sized charity we rely heavily on supplier relationships with a track record of trust, reliability and integrity. Endsleigh have been an outstanding supplier in this respect, responding swiftly, competently and in way where they demonstrate that they understand precisely our requirements.

Open Speech Mark Close Speech Mark

John Trolan
Chief Executive

Find your possible

Visit our blog for handy tips, tricks and industry news!

Business and charity

How Endsleigh is supporting customers during COVID-19

Read more

Business and charity

Protecting your charity from a costly cyber attack

Read more

Business and charity

3 lessons Mr. Robot taught us about cyber security within organisations

Read more

Business and charity

What is a small business or SME?

Read more

Need to get in touch?

Our friendly team are ready to talk to you:

Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm

Call us on 0333 234 1358