What does pub insurance cover?

Our expert pub, bar and restaurant insurance policies can be tailored to include cover for:

Bullet Point

Public liability insurance

Up to £10m essential cover for compensation claims made against your business by customers or members of the public.

Bullet Point

Business interruption

Up to £500k compensation for loss of income that arises from interruption to your business as a result of an insured event, such as a flood at your business premises

Bullet Point

Seasonal stock increases

Need to increase your stock amount dependent on the season? We include a seasonal uplift of 25% of your overall sum insured as standard.

Bullet Point

Glass cover

Cover for the glass or windows of your shop front or retail premises against malicious damage and vandalism

What is pub and restaurant insurance?

Pub and restaurant insurance (or ‘public house insurance’) is a policy provided for licenced business owners to protect their business contents, employees and customers all under one comprehensive policy. Whether you run a local village pub or have a chain of restaurants, pub insurance from our panel of leading specialist insurers lets you tailor your policy to suit the needs of your business. We'll provide cover for pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, wine bars, takeaways and ice cream parlours.

What is pub and restaurant insurance?

Tailored business insurance for pubs, bars and restaurants

Every pub is different, which is why we tailor our policies to build a pub insurance solution that meets the needs of your unique business. We can also include cover for:

Employers’ liability insurance

Up to £10 million employers’ liability protection for your business if an employee, whether they’re casual, full-time or part-time, injures themselves or their property is damaged as a result of your business operations.

Pub contents insurance

Up to £500,000 to protect the contents of your pub against a range of risks, such a fire, theft and flood.

Business stock insurance

If your business keeps stock on the premises, we’ll provide up to £500k cover to protect business stock against damage, theft and loss.

Why Endsleigh for pub and restaurant insurance?

With over 25 years’ experience providing insurance for businesses just like yours, we provide expert solutions for various trades and industries across the UK, including pubs, bars, restaurants and ice cream parlours.

Interested in pub insurance? You might also be interested in...

Specialist business insurance

Tailored insurance solutions for large, complex or evolving businesses. Speak to our expert commercial team.

Office insurance

Insurance solutions tailored to your office-based business, including cover for contents, public liability and more.

Shop insurance

Protect your shop against malicious damage, vandalism and loss of income with flexible shop insurance.

Need help with pub insurance?

Search our FAQs

Need to contact us?

Our friendly team are ready to talk to you:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm