What's covered with public liability insurance?

Bullet Point

Third party liability

The cost of repairing or replacing property and possessions that have been damaged as a result of your work

Bullet Point

Legal expenses

In the event that you go to court to defend against a claim

Bullet Point

Compensation claims

Compensation should a third party sustain an injury

Bullet Point

Medical fees

Medical fees from hospital treatments due to injury received as a result of your business

What is public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance will provide protection against any claims, compensation payments and legal costs that could arise should a member of the public injure themselves or damage their property while visiting your business premises, or while you are visiting their home or offices.

What is public liability insurance?

Who needs public liability insurance?

If you work with customers or from a third party property, you may need to arrange cover for public liability. Although it’s not a legal requirement, public liability insurance can cover legal fees and compensation costs should you be sued for injury or damage to property, so it's important to make sure you're protected.

Optional extras with public liability insurance

Employers liability insurance

Protection for your business if an employee seeks to claim compensation due to an illness or injury in the workplace.

Business equipment insurance

If your business relies on any special equipment, business equipment insurance can protect it from damage, theft and loss.

Business stock insurance

If your business keeps stock on the premises, business stock insurance can protect if from damage, theft and loss.

Why Endsleigh for public liability insurance?

With over 25 years' experience providing insurance for businesses, our specialist UK based business insurance team can shape the right solution for you. We work closely with leading commercial insurers to provide you with flexible insurance options that are tailored to suit your business needs.

Interested in public liability insurance? You might also be interested in...

Teachers' liability insurance

Insurance cover to meet the needs of people working in the education sector, whether you're a teacher, tutor, trainer or childminder.

Contractors insurance

If you're a contractor that works with others or from a third party property, we provides protection tailored to your business' needs.

Management consultants insurance

Management consultants insurance is tailored to suit the specific needs of your consultancy business.

Need to contact us?

Our friendly team are ready to talk to you:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm

Call us on 0333 234 1447