Travellers Worldwide

Volunteering abroad on your gap year, taking a sabbatical or career break?  Our travel insurance ensures safety and enjoyment go hand in hand.

  • If you're planning to volunteer abroad on your gap year, our gap year travel insurance options are designed to meet your needs
  • Our travel insurance allows you to cover specific activites so you only pay for what you need to

Build skills, make lifelong friends and contribution to disadvantaged communities by volunteering with Travellers Worldwide.  Volunteering and work experience projects are available worldwide, from Argentina to Zimbabe.  Our travel insurance covers you for worldwide locations, so wherever you decide to go, you’ll be protected. Emergency medical expenses are included as standard, as are personal accident and personal liability up to £2,000,000. 

Get a gap year quote →

Why choose us?

  • Experts in gap year and career break travel

  • Recommended by National Union of Students

  • 24 hour, 365 days english speaking medical claim lines

  • Choose specific activities cover – only pay for what you need

What’s covered?

  • Cancellation or cutting your trip short

    Up to £5,000 if you have to cancel or postpone your travel plans because of injury, illness or a family bereavement. We’ll also pay up to £250 for any pre-paid excursions

  • Emergency medical expenses

    Up to £10,000,000 for medical, ambulance and nursing care

  • Baggage, contents & valuables

    We’ll pay up to £2,500 to replace damaged, lost or stolen bags and their contents including up to £350 for any valuables

  • Loss of passport, money or documents

    Up to £500 for the replacement of lost or damaged passports, visas and money

  • Missed or delayed departure

    Up to £5,000 if your departure is cancelled after a 12 hour delay, or £20 for every 12 hours of delay, up to a maximum of £100. Up to £5,000 if your departure is cancelled

  • Personal accident

    You’re covered up to £30,000 for the loss of a limb or eyesight or if you’re left with a permanent disability

  • Personal liability

    If you’re found legally responsible for an accident, we’re here to help. You can claim up to £2,000,000 for compensation you need to pay including legal costs and expenses

  • Legal expenses

    Up to £50,000 towards legal costs if you need help claiming damages or compensation for an injury or incident that happens while you’re abroad

Make it personal

Tailor your travel insurance with our optional extras and cover upgrades.

  • Sport and adventure trips

    Your travel insurance covers you for more than 80 sporting activities, but if you’re participating in something that’s not on our list, you might need to add it as an upgrade to your standard policy. Speak to a member of the team and we’ll try to help. For a list of sports and activities that are covered please read the policy booklet.

  • Winter sports

    Cover your ski and snowboard gear for theft or damage by adding winter sports cover to your gap year insurance on winter sports trips of up to 17 days. Whether it’s yours or hired, it’s covered. You can also claim up to £30 a day for piste closure and if an avalanche delays your arrival or departure by more than 12 hours, you’ll receive up to £300 for extra travel and accommodation costs.

  • Golf

    If you’re heading off to spend time on the fairway with friends, our golf insurance cover will pay up to £1,000 for loss, theft or damage to any golf equipment and up to £300 for pre-paid green fees. You can also claim up to £300 to hire equipment if yours is temporarily lost in transit.