Feefo logo
0333 234 1447
Mon-Fri: 9am to 5pm | Sat-Sun: Closed

What is buildings insurance?

Buildings Insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your property and replacing any permanent fixtures, following damage caused by instances such as weather, fire, subsidence or flood.

Buildings insurance will usually provide cover for fixtures and fittings, including built in kitchens, bathrooms and fixed bedroom furniture, as well as central heating and plumbing systems. Externally, Buildings Insurance can cover your driveway, garden path, walls, gates, hedges and outbuildings (limits may apply).

You will need to make sure that you insure your property to cover the full cost of rebuilding your property. This should include costs such as demolition, clearing the site, and architect's fees.

What are you covered against?

  • Fire and smoke damage
  • Flooding
  • Escape of water or oil
  • Subsidence
  • Vehicle impact
  • Accidental damage to glass windows and fixed sanitary ware
  • Accidental damage to underground pipes and cables
  • Alternative accommodation (if your home becomes uninhabitable following an insured incident)
  • Theft and malicious damage