First time buyer insurance

Finding the right home insurance quote for your first home can be a little bewildering. Endsleigh searches a panel of top UK insurers to find buildings and home insurance that's right for you and your home.

  • Receive 15% discount when you purchase buildings and contents insurance together.
  • Shape your home insurance to meet your needs with a range of optional extras and upgrades.
  • UK based claims and customer service experts

If you've taken out a mortgage to purchase your first home, your mortgage lender will require you to purchase buildings insurance to protect the structure of the property. Contents insurance covers anything you'd pack up to move house, including any sentimental, personal items.  You can shape your home insurance to meet your needs with a range of optional extras and insurance cover upgrades.  

Why choose Endsleigh?

  • 15% discount when you purchase combined buildings and contents insurance 
  • Tailor your cover with optional extras and upgrades
  • More than 50 years’ experience insuring homes and contents
  • UK based claims and customer service experts

What’s covered?

  • Your property

    Cover for damage to the structure of your property such as the walls, roof, windows, doors, flooring and any fixed fittings including your kitchen, bathroom and fitted wardrobes against perils such as fire, theft, flood, subsidence, vandalism and malicious damage.

  • Your contents

    Protect the contents of your home against loss and damage caused by perils such as fire, storm, theft, smoke, flood and vandalism.

  • Cover away from home

    Items such as laptops and mobile phones can be covered if you take them with you when you're away from home. Protect more expensive items, such as jewellery, by specifying them on your policy.

  • Outbuildings and garden

    You can claim up to £500 for items damaged or stolen from any outbuildings. Garden furniture, patio heaters, lawnmowers, pots and plants are covered up to a value of £300.

  • Keys and locks

    If your keys have been stolen, you can claim up to £250 to replace keys and locks for external doors. Keys and locks to safes or alarm systems are also covered.

  • Water or oil leak

    If you suffer from a burst pipe, leaks from your washing machine or heating system, providing they’ve been kept in a good state of repair, you're covered.

  • Underground pipes and cables

    You're covered for damage such as fire, storm, flood, subsidence and malicious damage to any underground pipes and cables that provide services to or from your home for which you are legally responsible.

  • Trace and access

    You can claim up to £5,000 to cover the cost of detecting and repairing the source of a water leak.

  • Liability cover

    Up to £1,000,000 cover towards legal costs and expenses if someone gets hurt, or if their belongings are damaged, while they are in your home, and you become legally liable to pay compensation.

  • Alternative accommodation

    If your home becomes unsafe and therefore uninhabitable because of an insured event, you can claim up to 20% of the sum insured towards the cost of temporary accommodation.

Tailor your cover

Cover upgrades and optional extras allow you to tailor your buildings and contents insurance for flexible cover that meets your needs exactly.

Legal expenses 

We'll appoint a law firm on your behalf and you can claim up to £50,000 for the cost of legal representation if you find yourself in a dispute relating to employment, contract or property issues, or clinical negligence. Please see the policy booklet for more information.

Home emergency

Help when you need it fast. Our home emergency optional extra gives you protection against unexpected emergencies such as a blocked drain, central heating that doesn't work or lost house keys. Call our 24 hour emergency helpline, we'll assess the situation and send out one of our approved contractors. Work is guaranteed for 12 months as long as you use one of our recommended tradespeople. 

Accidental damage

If you choose accidental damage insurance as an optional extra on your home insurance, you’re covered for those costly mishaps such as spilling paint on the carpet, or kicking a ball through a window.