What type of insurance do you need help with?






Most Popular Answers

  • If you’re looking for information regarding the coronavirus and your block halls possessions policy, you may find the answers to your questions here. 

    If you still can't find what you're looking for, other ways to get help and information include visiting our claims centre, logging into your online account or speaking to us on Live Chat.

    Have you left your possessions inside your room?

    We know you might have left your accommodation at short notice and returned home, and you might not have taken all of your possessions with you. Normally, we won’t pay a claim if you leave your belongings in a place nobody is living in for more than 60 days, but we’ve removed this condition for the rest of your policy year. This means if you’ve left some of your belongings behind at university you’ll still be able to make a claim, even if nobody is living at you student address.  

    Are your possessions covered when you are travelling home?

    When you are travelling home, you may be carrying important items. We’ve increased your cover for theft whilst you’re travelling home up to £500 per bag of possessions. Cover only applies within the UK.

    Have your possessions been put into storage at your accommodation?

    Your accommodation provider may have put your possessions into secure storage for you. Please be reassured that cover for these items will still apply in storage and this includes all items up to the limits on your policy certificate. Please see the link below to view your policy certificate.

    Are you living in temporary accommodation?

    If you have been moved into temporary accommodation elsewhere, the block possessions policy will still cover you and you can still make a claim if you need to. This is to make sure you receive the same protection you had when you were in your designated student accommodation.

    If you do need to make a claim;

    Our specialist claims team are still running at full capacity. We wanted to provide a reminder on how you can make a claim under this policy:

    • Claims can be registered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by reporting them online via www.endsleigh.co.uk/claim-centre/
    • Endsleigh’s Claims Service is open five days a week, Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:30pm; Phone number - 0800 923 4042. This number will be directed to an out of hours support service outside of these times.

    To access your policy information please click here.

    Last updated: 01 April 2020

  • If your policy is claim free you can cancel your cover at any time, however some policies do not allow a refund if they are cancelled within the last four months. Please check your statement of insurance for more information on cancelling your policy including any cancellation fees or find out more about our fees and charges

    If you are looking to cancel your policy, we will need to speak to you - please call us on 0333 234 1552.


  • How do I renew my gadget and possessions policy if I pay monthly?

    Each year we’ll write to you and offer to renew your policy for a further 12 months. 

    If your policy is paid monthly, we have assumed that your permanent home address has not changed and you'd like the same items insured as you did last year. Unless you call us to make changes, your policy will automatically continue from your renewal date, so your possessions continue to be protected and you'll continue to benefit from all of our policy features. Plus, our low cost cover will automatically include any no claims discount you may have earned.

    If for any reason we are unable to automatically renew your policy, we will write to you to tell you what you need to do to make sure you continue your cover.

    What if I pay annually for my gadget and possessions policy?

    If you paid annually for your policy and it is not set to automatically renew, you can stay protected by calling us on 0333 234 1552.

    If your policy is set to auto-renew, we will use the card you originally provided us with to automatically renew your cover, unless you tell us to use an alternative card or payment method, not to renew, or if your card has expired and been replaced during the policy year. If, for any reason, we are unable to automatically renew your policy, we will write to you to tell you what you need to do to make sure you continue your cover.

    What if I need to update the details on my gadget and possessions renewal quote?

    If you need to make changes to your gadget and possessions renewal quote, please call us on 0333 234 1552.

    Find out more about gadget insurance here  or get a quote.       

  • What is my bicycle covered for on your home insurance policy?

    If your bicycle is worth less than £350, this can be insured under our unspecified personal effects section of cover away from the home. This covers you against accidental damage, theft and loss away from the home.

    If your bicycle is worth more than £350, we can specify it on your policy and cover it under the same rules as specified personal effects. This covers you against accidental damage, theft and loss, anywhere in the world with no time limitations.

    However, you should also be aware of other contributing factors to this cover. If your home is left uninhabited or unoccupied for over 30 consecutive days, this can invalidate your home insurance, so whilst there are no limits on cover away from the home, the 30 day rule may limit some policyholders. Your bicycle is not covered if entrusted to someone else, nor is it covered in transit, so taking it through an airport as an example would not be covered and you would do so at your own risk. Some general rules around bike insurance must also be adhered to, for example it must always be secured to an immovable object with an approved security chain. It cannot be stored in the same place out doors for any longer than 24 hours at a time. It is not covered if damaged whilst in use for racing, pacemaking or trials.

    We do not cover electric pedal cycles.

    What is my bicycle covered for on your gadget and possessions insurance policy?

    you can cover bicycles up to the value of £1000, this includes the value of any fixed accessories. 

    If this doesn't answer your question, please call us on 0333 234 1552.

    Need to cover your bike under a separate policy? Find out more about bicycle insurance with Endsleigh.

  • Gadgets, including mobile phones, that have been purchased outside of the UK can be covered, but all items would need a valid receipt in order for claims to be processed properly. Mobile phones must be fitted with a UK sim in order to make a claim.

  • When setting up your gadget and possessions policy, you can add specified gadgets which include cover away from the home.  You can also specify items that aren't gadgets such as jewellery, sport equipment  and cameras, individually worth over £500 to be covered away from the home. Any individual  items worth less than £500 do not need to be specified but cover away from the home must be selected. 

    If you purchase this additional cover then items you take outside of your room will be insured anywhere in the UK and up to 90 days worldwide against theft, accidental damage and loss. They will be replaced on a new for old basis.  For any individual item of jewellery or valuables you have specified, you will be required to provide evidence of value in the event of loss or damage to that item. Acceptable evidence of value may be in the form of the original purchase receipt or a written valuation no more than 5 years old.

    If an item does not appear in the list and there is no option for 'other', we are unable to insure it at this time. Gadgets such as mobiles, laptops and tablets are not included in this section and cover must be purchased separately. 


  • Yes, you can cover your instruments either on our specific musical instrument policy or as items on your Contents and Possessions policies.

    On our Possessions product, you can cover your instruments up to the individual value of £3000, for accidental loss and damage. You will get up to £150 to hire an instrument whilst yours is in for repair or is being replaced.  An excess of just £50 would need to be paid in the event of a claim. 

    On our Contents product, if your musical instrument is valued at £1500 or more you are asked to name the item on your policy.  You also get the option to cover the instrument outside of the home as well as being covered inside.  If the musical instrument is valued under £1500 this would be covered under unspecified personal effects up to the single article limit detailed in your policy documents. An excess of just £100 would need to be paid in the event of a claim.

    Alternatively, we provide specific musical instrument policies that offer 3 levels of cover so you can choose where in the world you want to be covered and cover your instruments up to a value of £10,000 in total. Find out more about musical instrument insurance.

    Where the musical instrument is a vintage and rare or collectible item, we will pay up to the sum insured but only where it is supported and validated by a written valuation from a professional and competent person, made no more than 12 months prior to the commencement date and a photographic record is kept of the front and back of the item, together with any receipts.

  • Yes, you can cover your student house keys (including swipe cards) up to a maximum of 3 keys per lock on our gadget and possessions insurance product. You will get up to £500 towards replacement locks and keys, and in an emergency, we will pay up to £50 for a locksmith to get you into your home. Keys will only be covered if attached to the key fob provided by Key-Care Ltd. Costs relating to a damaged key or lock or general wear and tear will not be covered. Keys will not be considered irrecoverable until lost for at least 3 days. The keys must have been lost or stolen from the policyholder, or a member of their immediate family living at the same address. The policyholder must notify Key-Care Ltd within 30 days of loss or theft of keys.

  • Yes, you can claim for your external hard drive provided that they are lost, damaged or stolen at the same time as the laptop or gadget the hard drive is used with.

  • Phones and gadgets must be in good condition and full working order when you purchase the insurance. If there is evidence that the damage or loss occurred before the policy inception date, this will result in your claim being refused.

Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Please call us on 0333 234 1552 to speak to one of our consultants. Alternatively, visit our contact centre and we’ll get you through to the right place.

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Search our FAQs

Simply enter a question or keyword to start.

Helpful Links

Make Changes to your policy
Contact Us
Need to get in touch? Find the right contact details for your policy by visiting our contact centre.