Recommended by NUS logo

The only insurance provider recommended by NUS

ICA Best Student Insurance provider logo

Voted the 'Best Student Insurance Provider' at the ICAs 2019!

Choose your level of cover

Take out the possessions insurance policy that’s right for you. Select one of our three policy options, with 5* Defaqto rated cover when you go Premium.


Essential cover for your gadgets and possessions, including theft, accidental and liquid damage.

  • tickAccidental damage
  • tickLiquid damage
  • tickTheft cover
  • tickCracked screens
  • tick£50 Accessory cover
  • tick30 days worldwide cover
  • crossLoss
  • crossMechanical breakdown
Get a quote >>


Getting more advanced now - protect your gadgets anywhere in the UK and up to 90 days worldwide.

  • tickAccidental damage
  • tickLiquid damage
  • tickTheft cover
  • tickCracked screens
  • tick£100 Accessory cover
  • tick90 days worldwide cover
  • tickMechanical breakdown
  • crossLoss
Get a quote >>


5* Defaqto rated cover when you go Premium. Protection anywhere in the UK, up to 120 days worldwide.

  • tickAccidental damage
  • tickLiquid damage
  • tickTheft cover
  • tickCracked screens
  • tick£250 Accessory cover
  • tick120 days worldwide cover
  • tickMechanical breakdown
  • tickLoss
Get a quote >>

What does possessions insurance cover?

Our personal possessions see their fair share of wear and tear, frequently subjected to drops and spills. If you’re living in shared accommodation, our flexible possessions insurance can provide cover for your contents, such as your clothes and books, as well as your gadgets for the following:

Bullet Point

Cover from £1.85 per month*

*Based on an off campus, privately rented property insured up to £2,000.

Bullet Point

Tenants' liability cover

Up to £2,500 tenants' liability insurance to cover any items you're legally responsible for in your student property.

Bullet Point

Lost keys

Up to £250 to replace lost keys and broken locks.

Bullet Point

Optional accidental damage cover

Protect your items against accidental drops and spills by adding optional accidental damage cover

Gadget insurance

Need to protect your gadgets as well? You can add gadget cover to your possessions quote online, including protection for cracked screens, accidental and liquid damage, with 24 hour gadget replacement once your claim is approved.

UI icon
Call us now 0333 234 1557
student gadget insurance from endsleigh

Possession insurance: Your frequently asked questions

If you’re not sure about whether you need possessions insurance, read some of our helpful FAQs below.

What is possessions insurance?

Possessions insurance is cover for your personal belongings while you’re living in shared accommodation against fire, theft and flood. We can also provide:

  • Theft or loss of money up to the limit shown on your policy documents
  • Optional accidental damage cover to protect against drops and spills
  • Optional worldwide gadget cover, if selected
  • Cover for tuition fees, rent protection and coursework cover, if selected
What items are covered with possessions insurance?

Our possessions cover protects personal items while you’re living in shared accommodation, such as:

  • Clothes
  • Books
  • Jewellery
  • Furniture (such as rugs and sofas)
  • Pictures
  • Electrical items (such as lamps and televisions)

Remember, the value of some of your personal possessions, particularly jewellery, may fluctuate considerably. Possessions valued at or above the single article limit shown on your statement of insurance should be specified separately.

Do I need possessions insurance at university

If you’re heading to university, your personal belongings will not necessarily be covered by your parents’ home insurance policy while you’re living away from home. Even if they are, you may not be covered to take your belongings and gadgets out and about at university.

Some accommodation providers do arrange a level of contents insurance for students while they’re living at university, so check your welcome documents to find out if you have any cover in place.

You can also check whether you have already cover in place with Endsleigh here.

Even if your accommodation has provided insurance for you, it’s important to make sure that you have the right level of cover in place to ensure your belongings are protected against risks such as accidental and liquid damage. 

Get a quote for student possessions insurance.

Can I protect my gadgets under my possessions policy?

Yes, if you have any gadgets that you need to protect these can easily be added to your possessions insurance quote.

Our gadget insurance provides cover for theft, accidental damage and loss, as well as 24 hour replacement once your claim is approved. Gadget cover is also flexible, allowing you to add multiple gadgets to access up to 15% discount. You can protect:

  • Mobile phones
  • Laptops
  • Tablets
  • Smart watches
  • MP3 devices and more.

Get a quote for gadget cover.

What about bikes and musical instruments?

We can also provide cover for bikes and musical instruments under our possessions policy - you’ll just need to make sure you select this cover when you get a quote.

Get a quote for musical instrument insurance

Get a quote for bicycle insurance.

Customer reviews

We value our customers' feedback and use it to improve our products and services.

of 4,169 respondents would buy again from Endsleigh

Interested in possessions insurance? You might also like...

Mobile phone insurance

Need to insure multiple gadgets? Protect your gadgets against theft, accidental and liquid damage, with up to 15% multi gadget discount!

Laptop insurance

Whether it's for business, coursework or gaming, protect your laptop against theft, accidental and liquid damage, including cracked screens.

Tablet insurance

Cover for tablets against theft, accidental and liquid damage as well as cracked screens, with replacement in 24 hours once your claim is approved.

Student gadget insurance

Taking your gadgets to uni? Protect your gadgets against accidental and liquid damage, anywhere in the UK and up to 120 days worldwide.

Bicycle insurance

Protect your bike and it’s accessories against theft and accidental damage, anywhere in the UK and up to 90 days worldwide.

Musical instrument insurance

Instrument protection anywhere in the UK against accidental damage and loss, with cover for up to £150 to hire a replacement instrument.

Why Endsleigh for possessions insurance?

With over 50 years’ experience, Endsleigh is the No. 1 student insurance provider and the only one recommended by NUS. We shape our products to meet the needs of our customers, protecting your personal possessions – including your clothes, books and gadgets – throughout your time at university and beyond. We also understand the importance of flexible cover, so our policies can be built around your belongings and your individual needs.

Need to contact us?

Our friendly team are ready to talk to you:

Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm Sat: 9am to 5pm

Call us on 0333 234 1557