What type of insurance do you need help with?

Black Box






Most Popular Answers

  • If you still can't find what you're looking for, other ways to get help and information include visiting your online account and using Live Chat.

    If I take out landlord insurance now, will I be covered for the coronavirus?

    The purchasing of Landlords Insurance for Buildings and/or Contents cover is not impacted by the current coronavirus. However it is important that for any Legal Expenses cover claims you check the latest position on the GOV.UK website and discuss with the Insurer. They will have a Legal Helpline which will also be able to assist you.

    My tenants are temporarily unemployed due to Covid-19, can I claim from my policy?

    It is important that you check the current position on the GOV.UK website as, at the time of going to press, the eviction time period has been extended from 2 to 3 months. However most courts are currently closed and we would not expect Insurers, in the current climate, to be progressing with any new eviction claims.

    I have an existing landlord policy with Endsleigh, how will this cover me during the Coronavirus?

    Cover under your policy for Buildings and/or Contents will continue. If you have purchased Legal Expenses Insurance, we do not expect any claim that involves eviction processes to be progressed during the current climate. With the eviction time period having been extended from 2 to 3 months and with the closure of most if not all Courts, again we would not expect any Insurer to be pursuing any new eviction claims.

    My tenants were due to get evicted anyway, can I do this under the 'eviction ban' if it's not related to Covid-19?

    In the current climate, we do not believe that any Insurer will be progressing with any eviction claim irrespective of the perceived reasons for the eviction/rental default. With the courts closed, any potential claim should be discussed with the Insurer to understand the next steps.

    I haven't got landlord insurance at the moment, should I take it out now?

    We are able to offer Buildings and/or Contents insurance, together with Home Emergency Expenses and Legal Expenses Insurance. At the present time we are unable to offer Rent Guarantee Insurance.

    I have tenants asking me what measures I can take to help them as they are not working, where do I stand?

    It is best to check with each individual tenant’s circumstances. It may well be they are entitled to 80% of their wage through the government scheme. However, it is best to be pragmatic and try to work through a solution with your tenants that suits all parties.

    If I purchase Rent Guarantee now will I be able to claim for lost rent as a result of Coronavirus?

    You will need to check the policy wording for each policy but it is unlikely that you will be able to claim due to new government legislation around evictions.

    Last updated: 01 April 2020

  • If you are a landlord then we need to know about any claims you have made on properties you are letting out, this includes any properties that you have lived in at any one time but are now letting out. We also need to know about any subsidence, heave, landslip or flood regarding both the property and it's immediate surrounding area. As with all our insurance policies, we would also need claim dates, claimed amounts and a short explanation of what the claim was for.


  • Unfortunately the acceptance criteria required for our residential let product does not allow for those scenarios where the landlord is also residing at the property.

    However we may be able to offer you a quotation for a Home insurance policy. You can complete a quote online or call us on 0333 234 1556.


  • What is a company let agreement? 

    A ‘company let agreement’ (or ‘company let tenancy agreement’) is where a company or organisation has signed a residential tenancy agreement with a landlord, rather than an individual tenant. For example, a common scenario for a ‘company let’ would be where a company rents a property for one of their employees because they’ve had to relocate for their job.

    Can Endsleigh cover a company let agreement?

    Endsleigh is able to provide landlord buildings and contents insurance for company let tenancy agreements, however there must be an agreement in place between the company and the tenant, as well as a formal tenancy agreement between the company and the landlord.
    If you want to take out rent guarantee insurance for your company let property, depending on your insurer you will likely be required to run a credit check against the company renting the property as a minimum, as this will ensure they are solvent and can afford the rental amount.

    What about commercial tenants?

    Endsleigh is also able to offer commercial landlord insurance for properties that are let to commercial tenants, for example, a property that is occupied as a shop downstairs and a residential flat upstairs.

    Commercial risks can be complicated, and therefore landlords require slightly different cover for these properties. Commercial property insurance can include:

    • Commercial buildings and contents insurance, including the option to add cover for shop front glass
    • Property owners’ liability insurance
    • Commercial legal expenses
    • Loss of rent cover
    Find out more about commercial property insurance.

  • If you are an Endsleigh home insurance customer you can add a policy interest at the time of completing your quote. Find out more about home insurance.

    If you need to add one mid-term, please call us on 0333 234 1552.

    If you are an A-Plan customer, please refer to your policy or contact A-Plan with any questions you may have.

  • We are unable to provide you with this information, it is down to you to find out the age of your building.  

    If you are in the process of buying the house, ask your seller or their agent.  As part of a sale, the seller must complete a 'Seller's property information form' which may contain the property's age.  If you have a mortgage, your survey may say how old the building is or your local authority may have a record of when planning permission was granted.  If you are renting then it is likely your Landlord will have this information to hand.

    If you have an older house, you could:

    • Search the 1862 Act register on Land Registry's digital archives. It contains information on 2000 properties, which you can search for free.

    • Look at the architectural style and features of the house, particularly the roof and position of the windows. The Valuation Office Agency gives tips on estimating the age of a property using such details.

    • Check your parish records, county record offices or your local library which may have local archives.

    • Check historical editions of Ordnance Survey maps.

    • Contact a local history society to see if they can help you.

    • Look at census returns made at ten year intervals between 1841 and 1911 to find a first mention of the address.


  • We will calculate your renewal premium approximately 28 days before your renewal is due. Your renewal documents will appear in your online account at least two weeks before your renewal date, you will be alerted by post to your correspondence address and also by email if you have provided us with a valid email address. You can renew easily using our 'one click' service, in your online account just follow the link in the renewal communications.

    To access your account sign in here.

    Please check your stored card payment information carefully and contact us if you need to use a different method of payment for your premium (or if we don't have previous card details). Please note that if we are unable to collect the premium payment from your card your policy will not renew.

    Once your policy expires or if you need to make changes to your details or the cover you need, you'll need to call our contact centre.



  • The rebuild value of the property is the potential cost of reinstating the property to its former standard following a total loss. The value should include costs associated with any necessary demolition and clearance of debris, along with rebuilding the main structure and any outbuildings.

    It is your responsibility to ensure that your property is adequately insured up to its full rebuild value. This is best established through hiring a chartered surveyor, but there are also some useful online calculators that can be used for free guidance such as the Association of British Insurers.  


  • Our partner, A-Plan's specialist team may be able to offer cover for your unoccupied rental property. Get in touch with them to find out more.

    If you are an Endsleigh non-standard home insurance customer, please note that your unoccupancy terms may differ if you have a landlord insurance policy with us pre-dating July 2020 (policy numbers usually beginning with ‘LA’, ‘LG’, 'LE', 'LZ' or 'LX'). Please check your policy documents for full terms and conditions.

    Find out more about unoccupied house insurance.


  • While we offer landlord cover for single property and student landlords, if you have multiple properties then our landlord portfolio insurance may be a better fit. They can also quote for blocks of flats and commercial properties. Please call 0333 234 0039 for further details.

    Find out more about landlord portfolio insurance. 


Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Please call us on 0333 234 1552 to speak to one of our consultants. Alternatively, visit our contact centre and we’ll get you through to the right place.

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Search our FAQs

Simply enter a question or keyword to start.

Helpful Links

Make Changes to your policy
Contact Us
Need to get in touch? Find the right contact details for your policy by visiting our contact centre.