Studying abroad insurance

Broaden your horizons and embrace new cultures by studying abroad, and we’ll provide cover for you and the things you value most.

  • Whether you're abroad for your entire course or just part of it, our policy will keep you and your belongings protected whilst you're away from home
  • Cover is also provided for students taking an internship or a work placement outside of the UK as a part of their degree

What is studying abroad insurance?

Our studying abroad insurance is designed to protect you from unexpected occurrences when you're studying outside of the United Kingdom. It offers cover for a range of unforseen events, including loss or damage of contents and valuables, medical expenses and course fees should you have to cancel your trip.

What's covered?

  • Course fees up to £8,000, if you have to cancel your trip due to an insured event
  • Cancellation cover up to £5,000 as well as up to £250 for any pre-paid excursions
  • Medical expenses up to £10,000,000
  • Baggage, personal possessions and valuables up to £2,500
  • Up to £500 for loss of passport, money or documents
  • Up to £300 for a single item if you choose comprehensive cover
  • Theft or fire damage to your landlords fixtures and fittings whilst you are studying outside of the United Kingdom
  • Musical instruments can be added as specified items
  • If you temporarily return to the UK during your cover period - we simply put your cover on hold until you return to your studies.

What if I need to make a claim?

We make the process as quick and simple as possible, allowing you to continue studying or working. You'll be able to register your claim online or by calling us. 

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

If you have a medical emergency, telephone the 24 hour emergency helpline where an English speaking team will be able to assist you. If you are travelling within the EU and have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), it can be useful to have travel insurance too. The EHIC only covers you for some medical treatment, and will not cover any costs associated with repatriation.