Thinking about taking a gap year or a career break?  Our gap year insurance will cover you from three months up to one year anywhere in the world, whether you are volunteering, doing conservation work or having the adventure of a lifetime.  We include cover for medical expenses, and as standard we'll cover the cost of getting you home, when medically necessary. It will also cover you if your belongings are lost or stolen, and includes cover for cash.

It can be useful to arrange your travel insurance at the same time as you book your trip. This will ensure that cancellation cover is in place as soon as you start paying. Your travel insurance will cover cancellation or curtailment of your trip if you are unable to travel because of an unforeseen circumstance, such as a family bereavement, illness or burglary.

Medical expenses cover is also a major part of any travel insurance policy, no matter where in the world you are travelling. If you are travelling within the EU and have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), it can be useful to have travel insurance too. The EHIC only covers you for some medical treatment, and will not cover any costs associated with repatriation.

When you purchase your gap year policy, don’t forget to claim your complimentary pre-paid mastercard (look out for the email with instructions on how to claim). It could come in handy on your travels. Find out more >

We use a single insurer for travel insurance.


Why choose Endsleigh?

  • Cover for specific activities shaped to the main purpose of your trip

  • Medical expenses and the cost of repatriation, if medically necessary, included as standard

  • 24 hour English speaking emergency medical claim lines

  • The only insurance provider recommended by NUS

  • Low excess - just £75 where an excess applies