15 April 2020
Insurance provider announces support for our heroes during COVID-19 crisis
Specialist Student Insurance Provider Endsleigh has announced a range of policy changes to support its customers during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Working closely with education providers, specialists and acting on customer feedback they have swiftly updated their policies to further support customers during these exceptional circumstances.
The changes include:
- Waiving un-occupancy exclusions for 60 days to reassure students who have left possessions in their student accommodation they are covered as they return home during lockdown.
- For UK students travelling home added cover for possessions up to £500 per bag.
- Cover for items put into secure storage during lockdown due to displacement.
- Extending accommodation block policies to cover key workers temporarily being housed in university accommodation due to the COVID-19 support effort.
- Cover for those supporting their community with transporting medicines and groceries in their own vehicle, to support those affected by COVID-19.
- Covering the excess of key workers and NHS with an Endsleigh policy who have an accident during the COVID-19 lockdown when working in a critical role.
- Not charging a cancellation fee for those facing financial difficulty due to COVID-19.
- No need for additional cover for Endsleigh home insurance customers who find themselves working from home.
Endsleigh Insurance Services, based in Cheltenham, made an early decision to move staff to working from home and have even been able to keep their customer contact centre running, with extended hours, Monday to Friday from 8am – 6pm.
Existing customers change their cover levels or vehicle, or personal details such as address or occupation via their online account and agents are also available via the Live Chat feature on the website endsleigh.co.uk
Jeff Brinley, CEO Endsleigh Insurance Services said: “We are committed to our dedicated staff and took the decision early to move our staff to home working, I’ve been extremely proud of the adaptability of my colleagues and commitment to upholding customer standards during these unprecedented times.
“I also would like to thank our partners and insurers who have helped us to action these changes in extremely short time frames.
Endsleigh Insurance are a leading insurance broker for the education sector, providing expert and affordable cover for students, alumni and education professionals across the UK.
Established in 1965 by NUS to champion affordable insurance for students, when others wouldn’t. They use their expertise and dedication to provide value for money for their customers, and have extended their products and services to professionals as well as commercial and business customers, aligning their solutions to core markets of education, property, travel and not-for-profit.