Can I cover my musical instruments?



Yes, you can cover your instruments either on our specific musical instrument policy or as items on your Contents and Possessions policies.

On our Possessions product, you can cover your instruments up to the individual value of £3000, for accidental loss and damage. You will get up to £150 to hire an instrument whilst yours is in for repair or is being replaced.  An excess of just £50 would need to be paid in the event of a claim. 

On our Contents product, if your musical instrument is valued at £1500 or more you are asked to name the item on your policy.  You also get the option to cover the instrument outside of the home as well as being covered inside.  If the musical instrument is valued under £1500 this would be covered under unspecified personal effects up to the single article limit detailed in your policy documents. An excess of just £100 would need to be paid in the event of a claim.

Alternatively, we provide specific musical instrument policies that offer 3 levels of cover so you can choose where in the world you want to be covered and cover your instruments up to a value of £10,000 in total. Find out more about musical instrument insurance.

Where the musical instrument is a vintage and rare or collectible item, we will pay up to the sum insured but only where it is supported and validated by a written valuation from a professional and competent person, made no more than 12 months prior to the commencement date and a photographic record is kept of the front and back of the item, together with any receipts.