There's a lot to think about when coming to study in the UK.  Endsleigh supports students with the insurance process.  We've got the right cover, at great prices, designed specifically for students.

Why choose Endsleigh?

Moving to a different country can be a daunting process with so many things to think about. At Endsleigh we want to make things as easy as possible to help you while you are studying in the UK.

Endsleigh has nearly 50 years of expertise looking after the insurance needs of students and we’re still the only insurance provider endorsed by one of the largest student bodies in the UK - the National Union of Students.

A car will be one of the most expensive purchases you may make and Endsleigh want to help protect this. Endsleigh have specifically tailored a car insurance policy to give you the cover you require at the right price. We'll even accept no claims bonus from the European Union.

Our cover includes:

  • European Union no claims bonus accepted

  • Theft, damage or loss of your vehicle

  • Damage to windscreens

  • Loss or damage to any fitted audio equipment and navigation systems

Optional extras

  • Breakdown cover

    We offer two types of student breakdown cover. Each cover option will fix your car at the roadside if you are over a quarter of a mile away from home, or take you to a nearby garage. There are no call-out or mileage charges.

  • Legal expenses

    If you have an accident that’s not your fault, this cover will provide up to £50,000 for legal representation for you and all named drivers on your policy to recover the costs not covered by your car insurance. You'll also receive help to defend your legal rights if an accident leads to a motoring offence.

  • Excess protection

    This covers the reimbursement of a policy excess you have to pay following an accident, although please note that windscreen excesses are not included. You can choose your cover limit of either £300, £500, or £750 and you may claim more than once if your excess is lower than the cover limit you have chosen.

  • Key cover

    This cover provides up to £2,500 for replacing locks and keys for your car, home and office, including locksmith charges. You’ll also receive three days of emergency car hire or the option to reclaim the cost of onward transport if your car keys are lost or stolen.

  • Personal accident cover

    This cover provides up to £30,000 for you or your passengers in the event of death, loss of limbs, sight or hearing following an accident in your car or while getting into or out of it.

  • Hire car

    Once you have transferred to a Full UK licence, this cover provides you with a car should your own be written-off or stolen and not recovered. The car can be used anywhere in the UK for up to 21 days, by all named drivers aged between 18-79 (also with a full UK licence) and up to two claims per policy are covered.

Further information

Always make sure your car is fully taxed and has an up-to-date MOT. Remember to have sufficient insurance and to have an appropriate driving licence for the UK. For more information, visit

Understand the Highway Code. This will explain general road usage and road signs for driving and cycling.

Helpful guide for International students.

What our customers say