Landlords Landing Page Image With Chimneys 2

Landlord insurance

Landlords Landing Page Image With Chimneys 2

With over 25 years’ experience in the landlord market, we know that great cover and price are the most important to you.

  • Malicious damage by tenants and guests covered up to £25,000
  • Items that you supply for your tenants covered from £5,000 up to £60,000
  • Cover to find the source of any escape of water up to £5,000
  • Fixtures and fittings covered automatically

If you're a commercial or portfolio landlord, you may be interested in...

5+ properties  |  Commercial landlords insurance  |  Block of flats

Buildings insurance covers:

  • your property up to £1,000,000, including fixtures and fittings
  • the cost of replacing keys and locks to an external door of your property following the theft of tenants' keys
  • 24 hour claim notification helpline
  • malicious damage caused by your tenants and guests covered up to £25,000
  • loss of rent cover following an insured event
  • against the risk of your tenants having to move out in the event of a claim for loss or damage should the property be inhabitable
  • up to £5m property owner’s liability cover
  • structural damage against subsidence
  • burst pipe damage caused by frost / freezing
  • accidental damage to underground drains, pipes, cables and tanks providing services to or from your property for which you are legally responsible
  • security of your property within two hours following a report of an emergency, to ensure the property is secure for your tenants
  • trace and access to leaking water or oil from any fixed water, heating installation or washing machine, tumble dryer or dishwasher up to £5,000

Contents insurance covers:

  • the items that you supply for your tenants from £5,000 up to £60,000, such as white goods and furniture
  • occupier’s liability cover up to £2m automatically
  • malicious damage caused by your tenants and guests covered up to £25,000
  • theft of contents while in the garden of the property
  • theft of gardening equipment from any outbuildings within the grounds of the property

Plus you have the option to add accidental damage cover to your contents.


View the policy document 

Optional extras

Home emergency

Up to £500 for call out, labour, parts and materials to make an immediate fix to your property, such as failure of the central heating system and drainage and sewer blockages.

No excess to pay if you need to make a claim.

Accidental damage

You can add accidental damage cover to contents and/or buildings cover.

  • Buildings: loss or damage to the building including outbuildings and garages by you or your tenants caused by accidental damage
  • Contents: cover for furniture, household utensils, kitchen electrical goods and soft furnishings against accidental damage such as your tenant spilling a drink on your carpet / sofa

Legal cover

  • up to £50,000 legal expenses
  • benefit from 24 hour access to legal advice when you need it
  • covers your property against damage, nuisance and trespass
  • the pursuit of a claim for repossession and the recovery of rent arrears
  • defence of a prosecution relating to the letting of the insured property

Through opting to add on legal cover a small amount of rent guarantee protection will already be place. If you would like a specialist rent guarantee policy then find out more about rent guarantee here or call us on 0800 953 0490.