Insurance for international students

There's a lot to think about when you're coming to study in the UK. Endsleigh supports students with the insurance process. We've got the right cover, at great prices, designed specifically for students.

Student car insurance

Because universities tend to be located in cities, car insurance can be expensive. That's why we search a panel of top UK insurers to find our best rates for students away at university.

Our car insurance can cover against theft, loss, accidental damage and breakdown. 


  • 10% off servicing and 20% off MOT costs
  • Cover for fitted audio equipment and navigation systems
  • Cover for damaged windscreens on comprehensive policies

Endsleigh is the only insurance provider recommended by the National Union of Students (NUS) and we’ve been in the student insurance business for over 50 years.

Student contents insurance

Protect your student contents with cover that's built for you.

With over 50 years' experience, Endsleigh is the No.1 student insurance provider and the only one recommended by the NUS. Our cover is designed for all types of student - you're protected whether you're living in halls or a shared house.

  • 24 hour, new for old gadget replacement - within one working day of your claim being approved
  • Contents covered against fire, theft and flood
  • Gadgets covered for loss, accidental and liquid damage 
  • Tenant's liability up to £2,500 with contents cover

Policy excesses apply. Gadgets must be less than three years old when your policy statrs in order to be eligible for cover.

International student medical insurance

Endsleigh offers specialist cover for international students studying in the UK up to a maximum of four months per policy period. This means you can purchase a policy for the first four months of your trip and when that has expired you can simply buy another one.

Cover includes...

  • Cutting short or repeating your course due to accident or illness, we will reimburse your prepaid course fees
  • The cost of bringing a relative to the UK to visit you following a medical emergency
  • If you are taken ill or have an accident we wll pay your medical costs which are not covered by the NHS
  • If you accidentally injure someone, or damage their property we will cover your legal liability to pay damages

What our customers say

What makes Endsleigh the No.1 student insurance provider?

Number one students insurers

With over 50 years' experience supporting students, we know that there are other risks when going to university.

That's why we also offer additional cover for tuition fees and rent protection, so if you need to leave your course early because of an accident or illness, you're covered.

Plus you can add key cover to your policy for less than 70p per month - added protection if your uni keys are lost or stolen. 

Moving to a different country can be a daunting process with so many things to think about.  At Endsleigh we want to make things as easy as possible to help you while you are studying in the UK.