Will standard home insurance cover my unoccupied property?

Home and landlord insurance policies will usually only cover between 30 and 90 days unoccupancy, which means that, after this time, you’ll need to either sell the property or find more suitable insurance cover. There are lots of different types of specialist home insurance available that will provide extended covers for certain risks, so it’s important to make sure your property is properly protected.

These are just some of the different home insurance policies available:

  • Unoccupied home insurance
  • Flooded home insurance
  • Holiday home insurance
  • Renovation home insurance
  • Subsidence home insurance
  • Barn conversion insurance
  • Flat roof home insurance
  • Listed and period property insurance