Tenants contents insurance 

Live in rented accommodation? Only pay for the cover you need with our simple to arrange, affordable tenants’ contents insurance cover.

  • Protect what's most important to you with our tailored contents cover
  • You only have to pay for what you need as you control the amount of cover you receive
  • UK based claims and customer service experts

With our tenants’ contents insurance, you control the amount of cover you need, from a minimum of £3,000 to a maximum of £150,000.

From furniture to your valuable items, as long as you own it, our contents cover takes care of it. You’re also covered for any buildings that, as a tenant, you might be responsible for. Make your cover even more personal with our range of optional extras and insurance cover upgrades.  

Why choose us?

  • Tailor your cover with optional extras and upgrades
  • You control the amount of cover you need
  • More than 15 years’ experience insuring homes and contents
  • UK based claims and customer service experts

What’s covered?

  • Your contents

    Protect your belongings against a number of perils including fire, theft, smoke and flood, with optional accidental damage cover.

  • Cover away from home

    Protect the items that are most valuable to you whilst you're out and about. Items such as laptops and mobile phones can be covered up to £1,500. You can also cover more expensive items by specifying them on your policy.

  • Contents in the garden

    Contents in the garden such as garden furniture, patio heaters and lawnmowers are covered up to a value of £150. Plants, trees or any other living things are not covered.

  • Keys and locks

    Up to £150 to replace keys and locks for external doors if your keys have been stolen. Keys and locks to safes or alarm systems are also covered.

  • Liability as a tenant

    You're covered for up to 30% of the sum insured for loss or damage to buildings for which you are legally responsible under the terms of your tenancy agreement.

  • Rent and alternative accommodation

    Up to 20% of the sum insured for the cost of temporary accommodation if your home is uninhabitable due to an event covered by your policy.

  • Personal accident

    Up to £50,000 if you’re in an accident and sustain injuries causing permanent disability.

Make it personal

We don’t believe in one size fits all. Tailor your tenants’ contents home insurance with optional extras and cover upgrades that suit you and your home. 

Legal expenses 

If you find yourself in a dispute relating to employment, contract or property issues, or clinical negligence, we’re here to help. We’ll appoint a law firm on your behalf and you can claim up to £50,000 for legal representation. Please see the policy booklet for more information.

Home emergency

Take the panic out of a situation with our home emergency optional extra. Reassurance for a range of problems such as a break in, or central heating that doesn’t work, as long as it’s been regularly serviced. Simply call our 24 hour emergency helpline. We’ll assess the situation and send out one of our recommended contractors. All work is guaranteed for 12 months as long as you use one of our recommended tradespeople. 

Contents accidental damage

Choose accidental damage insurance as an optional extra on your contents insurance and you’re covered for those irritating mishaps that are costly to fix. So, if a hot iron falls off the ironing board and burns the carpet, or if you spill liquid on your laptop, you’re covered.