How do I make a gadget/possessions insurance claim?
If you need to make a claim on your gadget and possessions insurance, here’s what you can expect.
Step 1: To start your claims process, head to our Claim Centre and click the ‘Gadget and Possessions’ drop down. Depending on your policy, you’ll need to select one of two options:
- Fill in our straight-forward claims form.
- Call us to request the claim. Our friendly team will walk you through our simple claims process step-by-step. This will normally include dealing with your excess. Our opening hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm and Saturday-Sunday: Closed .
Step 2: Once you’ve submitted your claim, it will be validated by our team. This means that we’ll make sure that you have the right level of cover to make your claim and it also helps us reduce fraud.
Step 3: Once the claim has been validated, we’ll work out whether your item needs to be repaired, replaced, or whether we’ll offer you an alternative option. This alternative option either comes in the form of:
- A cash settlement
- Vouchers that will allow you to purchase a replacement item. The vouchers are usually for Currys PC World or a similar retailer.
Step 4: At this stage, we’ll let you know what documentation you need to send to us by email and, if your excess hasn’t already been dealt with, we’ll talk you through this too.
Once it’s been decided which route your claim will take, we’ll give you an update on its status.
- If your item is being repaired, we’ll collect it from you (usually within 24 hours, or at a time that suits you). The item will be inspected and then we’ll let you know whether we can repair it, roughly how long you’ll need to wait and what the next steps are.
- If we’re replacing your item (for example, if you had your phone stolen), we try our hardest to get you a replacement within 24 hours of your claim being approved.
- If we can’t repair or replace your item, you can choose from a cash settlement or vouchers so that you can replace the item yourself. If you choose a cash settlement, we’ll need to speak to you over the phone to get your bank details. If you choose vouchers, they’ll be emailed to you once you’ve let us know your decision.
Step 5: Once you’ve received your item or settlement, we’ll close the claim and you won’t need to do anything else.
We appreciate no two claims will be the same, so we try, where possible, to keep this in mind. If there’s anything you’re concerned about, please let us know.