How income protection can help

The state alone cannot provide you with enough money to get by comfortably in the same lifestyle that you're used to. The Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) provided by the government may be enough to help you manage in the short term. However, it is unlikely that it will stretch to allow you to cover mortgage repayments and utility bills in the long term.

You may also be entitled to some income support from your employer. If this is the case, it is worth considering how this support might affect the amount of income protection you'd need.

Find out more about income protection

Read more about the income protection we offer and how it can help you.