What insurance could a landlord need?

Landlord buildings insurance may be compulsory on your buy to let property, you should check this with your mortgage or loan provider. This protects a number of insurable risks, including full replacement or repair costs and the cost of clearing the site in case of complete destruction.

With landlord contents insurance you can choose the level of cover you need to suit your requirements, for example you may want to increase your cover if your property is furnished. It is also worth remembering for unfurnished properties that contents insurance also covers contents such as carpets, white goods and kitchen equipment.

Landlord home emergency cover, legal expenses cover and rent guarantee insurance are also optional.