What excesses apply to my landlord insurance?
The excesses applicable when you make a claim can vary depending on the type of insurance you hold, as well as the claim you are making. With Endsleigh, the following excesses apply.
Where you insure each rental property individually on their own policy, the excesses can differ depending on the nature of the claim. The most frequent excesses are outlined below:
- Subsidence – the first £1,000 of each claim
- Malicious damage or vandalism – the first £1,000 of each claim
- Escape of water/oil – the first £500 of each claim
- Standard excess on most claims £250
- Standard excess of £250
Home emergency cover
- No excess for home emergency cover
Rent Guarantee insurance
- One month’s rent
For landlords who have insured more than five properties on one policy, the following excesses apply:
- Property damage – the first £200 of any claim
- Subsidence – the first £1,000 of any claim