How much is landlord insurance?
The cost of landlord insurance can vary and is determined by a number of factors. The premium is calculated based on your insurance history, as an individual, as well as the insurance history of the property.
Other factors can include:
- Property location
- Type of property
- Type and number of tenants
- The level of cover you need for the rebuilding cost of the property
- The level of contents cover you choose, if you add this to your policy
- Discounts are available for no claims history and if you’re an accredited landlord
- Discounts may also apply if you take out landlord portfolio insurance, where you can insure multiple properties under the same policy. As a general rule of thumb, the more properties that are covered under a policy, the cheaper the premium.
It’s important to be as accurate as possible when you provide this information so your quote is reflective of your circumstances. If false or inaccurate information is provided, it may invalidate the policy in the event of a claim.
If you’re unsure, speak to one of our insurance consultants who will be happy to help.