Purchasing Buy to Let buildings and contents insurance is different to buying normal home insurance. Standard home insurance doesn’t cover you for paying tenants to be unsupervised in your property.  We search a panel of top UK insurance providers to get you the cheapest quote.

Buy to Let insurance benefits

  • Malicious damage by tenants

    Cover for up to £25,000 against malicious damage or vandalism caused by tenants and their guests.

  • Unoccupied cover

    Buy to Let insurance covers your property when it’s unoccupied. Up to 120 days for student tenants and 60 days for non student tenants.

  • Alternative accommodation and loss of rent

    If any let room or communal area in your buy to let becomes uninhabitable, we’ll provide your tenants with alternative accommodation or compensate you for the loss of rent (up to 30% of the re-building cost of your property).

  • Trace and access cover

    We provide full trace and access cover for up to £5,000 included as standard; we’ll cover the cost of finding the escape of water, as well as subsequent repairs to the floors, ceilings and walls.

  • Your fixtures and fittings

    If you provide digital equipment in your property such as satellite dishes, Wi-Fi and broadband equipment, we’ll cover them as standard on our Buy to Let buildings insurance so you don’t have to purchase additional cover.

Buy to Let insurance covers

  • Fire

  • Theft

  • Vandalism

  • Lightening

  • Oil or water leaks

  • Smoke

  • Storm (excludes gates and fences)

  • Subsidence (some exclusions apply)

  • Burst pipes

  • Impact from vehicles, falling trees, animals, aircraft, aerials and masts

Optional extras

  • Legal expenses

    You can add legal expenses of up to £50,000 for repossession and recovery of rent arrears.

  • Home emergency expenses

    Add home emergency for "first aid" cover for your property. You get up to £500 for sudden unexpected events such as boiler breakdown or burst pipe.