We know that running a successful opticians practice can be a busy and challenging task. You need to be able to focus on running your business safe in the knowledge that if anything were to go wrong you will be covered, and any problems will be dealt with quickly and efficiently. That’s why we offer tailor made opticians insurance.

What's covered with our opticians insurance?

  • Contents

    Included as standard and can include; stock, fixtures and fittings, computers and electrical goods.

  • Employers and public liability cover

    Included as standard. If you are an employer of one or more members of staff, whether part time receptionists or full time assistants, you are required by U.K. legislation to hold employer’s liability insurance, so our opticians insurance provides you with £10 million worth of cover. In addition, we offer £2m worth of public and product liability as standard, but this can be increased up to £5 million according to your specific needs.

  • Equipment breakdown

    Included as standard. Not only will we cover you for the repair and/or subsequent replacement of the equipment, but will also cover you for the loss of gross profits caused while it’s out of commission.

  • Business interruption

    Your practice may also be affected by unforeseen events such as fires or floods, which might mean that you would be unable to operate or trade from your business premises. Our opticians insurance includes business interruption insurance cover as standard for 12 months.

Extra cover you can add:

  • Extended public liability

    The public liability element of your insurance can be extended to cover accidents or incidents that can occur through your activities as an optician. A full list can be provided on request from our business insurance advisers.

  • House calls

    If you ever make house calls, you can extend your liability cover to include work away as well as specified equipment insurance that you use away from your usual working premises.

  • Buildings insurance

    You can add buildings insurance to cover landlord’s fixtures and fittings, the premises, any out-buildings, shop front and any tenant improvements.

Related products