Pub and restaurant insurance

Cover designed for food and drink based businesses, such as pubs, restaurants, takeaways or coffee shops.

  • Buildings or contents cover for your pub or restaurant, including cover for your stock and customers' belongings while on your premises
  • Working with a range of leading underwriters, we can provide you with pub or restaurant insurance that meets the changing needs of your business

Running a food and drink based business comes with its own challenges, so it’s important to make sure you have pub or restaurant insurance that caters for your needs.

What is pub and restaurant insurance?

With pub and restaurant insurance, you can choose to cover your buildings, contents or both against perils such as fire, theft, flood and malicious damage. Cover for your food and stock is also included, as well as employers' and public liability.

Whether you run a local village pub or have a chain of restaurants, our team of business insurance specialists will work with you to provide a pub or restaurant insurance solution that evolves with your business.

Call our specialist team now on 0333 234 0021 or request a quote online.

Our pub and restaurant insurance covers:

  • your business contents including food and stock while on your premises against perils such as fire, theft, flood and accidental damage, or in transit up to £5,000
  • employer’s liability up to £10,000,000, product liability up to £5,000,000 and public liability up to £5,000,000
  • business interruption - cover for loss of income arising from interruption to your business as a result of an insured event such as a fire, theft or flood at your pub or restaurant
  • the gardens or outdoor areas of your pub or restaurant including theft of outdoor equipment such as chairs, tables or outdoor heaters
  • money at your business premises, in transit and at home, excluding theft from unattended vehicles
  • personal belongings of your employees and pub or restaurant customers, excluding theft from unattended vehicles unless the item is out of sight and locked away
  • legal expenses and uninsured losses following legal proceedings, such as costs incurred defending a claim against your business
  • loss of income up to £750,000

Cover is also available for the buildings of your pub or restaurant against perils such as fire, flood, escape of water, subsidence and damage caused by extreme weather.

We can cover all types of food and drink-based businesses, including:

  • Public houses (tenanted, managed and independent)
  • Restaurants
  • Cafes
  • Coffee shops
  • Tea rooms
  • Sandwich shops
  • Wine bars
  • Takeaways
  • Ice cream parlours

Why Endsleigh?

  • With over 25 years' experience providing insurance for businesses, our specialist UK based business insurance team can shape the right solution for you
  • We work closely with leading specialist insurers including Hiscox, Zurich, NIG and Allianz to ensure we can provide you with flexible insurance options for your business
  • In addition to our business insurance expertise, we're also a provider of car insurancetravel insurancegadget insurancelandlord insurance and more