So regardless of where you're going, be it a summer break to South Africa or a hiking holiday in the Alps, we have the holiday insurance solution for you.
Why do I need travel insurance?
Travel insurance is designed to protect you from those unexpected occurrences that could impact you, either before or during your holiday. Specifically, it can cover a range of unforeseen expenses, including insolvency of an airline or accommodation provider, medical expenses, lost luggage, delays or cancellations.
Besides our single trip travel insurance policies, we also offer customers annual travel insurance to provide protection for the trips you might take throughout the year. With our annual alternative you will receive up to 42 days cover per trip as well as a 10% discount if you apply and buy your policy online. If you are a parent travelling with children up to 17 years old or full time students up to 23 you will also receive a special discount rate.
Single trip policies.
If an annual travel insurance policy isn’t quite for you, we also offer single trip insurance policies. These policies will give you the option to purchase cover for winter holidays, golf trips, cruises, adventure and/or sports holidays. You will also receive a 10% discount for applying and purchasing a single trip travel insurance policy online, as well as an additional 15% discount if you choose to not insure your baggage.
Scheduled Airline Failure Insurance (SAFI).
We now include SAFI as standard on Single and Multi trip policies. This provides cover for up to £2,000 for each insured person for costs which cannot be recovered elsewhere in the event of a scheduled airline (not forming part of an inclusive or package holiday) becoming insolvent prior to departure.
If the airline becomes insolvent after departure, cover is provided for additional pro rata costs incurred by the customer in replacing the part of the flight arrangements as originally booked. If curtailment of the trip is unavoidable, we will cover the cost of return flights to the UK, to a standard similar to that which the customer originally booked.
No excess applies under this section of the policy.
We understand that there may be special reasons why you would want to return home during your adventure – for example, to be with family at Christmas, for a special birthday, or for a friend’s wedding.
Our gap policy now covers you for up to two trips home, for a maximum of 14 days per trip, during the duration of your cover.
We simply put your cover on hold once you leave for the UK, until you return to your overseas destination.
Specialist cover options.
You can top up our great standard benefits to include cover for specialist holidays and activities you may be undertaking. These include:
Winter sports cover.
- Emergency medical treatment if you have an accident or become unwell
- Costs of transportation to an alternative site due to lack of snow or if avalanche closes your resort
- Cover for accidental loss, theft or damage to your own or hired ski equipment and we cover the cost to hire replacement ski equipment
- Reimbursement of ski school fees, lift passes and hired ski equipment if you're injured or fall ill
- Cover for Skiing off piste (with a guide)
- Loss of your lift pass
- Up to 17 days winter sports cover when added to an Annual Multi Trip policy
Golf trip cover.
- Accidental loss, theft or damage to your golf equipment
- Emergency replacement of golf equipment, or the cost of hiring replacement golf equipment
- Extra cover for the theft of, loss of, or damage to your clothing and personal belongings including valuables, whilst you are on your cruise
- Missed shore trips
Cover for sport and adventure holidays.
We cover many activities as standard, but more adventurous activities need to be specified. Simply select the cover you need when you get a quote to activate the cover you require. If you cannot see your activity listed, please call us and we will tell you if we can offer cover.
Accidental loss, theft or damage of certain wedding items such as, wedding rings, gifts and attire.
Independent Traveller Cover.
We cover any unrecoverable and unused accommodation costs, including:
- Reasonable additional accommodation and transport costs as a result of insolvency of the accommodation provider
- Fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, tsunami, landslide, avalanche or storm making your accommodation uninhabitable or an outbreak of food poisoning or an infectious disease
Business travel cover.
- Stolen or damaged business equipment – includes computers and samples
- Stolen or lost money – includes company money
- Additional accommodation and travelling costs for a colleague to take your place due to your injury or illness
- Hiring essential business equipment following loss or breakage or misdirection or delay in transit
- Purchasing necessary replacements should your business equipment be delayed or lost in transit
All of our specialist cover sections are available to select once you get into your travel quote.
For a quality, cheap travel insurance quote choose Endsleigh.