We've designed a specialist travel insurance policy to keep you and your possessions protected whilst you are abroad as part of your degree, be it for a semester or a whole year – you'll even be insured for any holiday trips whilst you are away (within your chosen area of cover).
Study abroad insurance benefits.
- Medical emergency costs, supported by a 24 hour English speaking helpline.
- Pre-paid course fees if you have to cancel your trip due to illness.
- Cover for theft or fire damage to landlord fixtures and fittings whilst living abroad.
- Unlimited trips home during the period of cover – we simply put your cover on hold until you return back to your host country.
- Mobiles and laptop cover included up to £300** with the option to increase.
- Cover for your tuition fees abroad.
- Travel delay and cancellation cover.
Our claims service is simple and reliable – register your claim with just one phone call or go online. We know that your laptop and mobile phone are essential to keep in touch with friends and family while you are away, that’s why we arrange replacements for you within 24 hours, once your claim has been accepted.
When should I buy my insurance?
Ideally you'd buy your insurance as soon as you are committed to any costs associated with your trip – particularly your travel and accommodation costs, as these can be quite a large expense. Even if your trip doesn’t start for a number of weeks, once you have purchased your study abroad insurance policy, you will be covered to claim back any irrecoverable costs if you have to unexpectedly cancel your work or study placement abroad due to an insured event.
I’m on a work placement – can I buy this insurance?
Our specialist cover is suitable for students taking a work placement or internship abroad, if it is part of your degree. Your cover will include the great benefits listed above - and include any holiday trips within your area of cover whilst working away.
What happens if I need to make a claim?
It is not until you actually need to make a claim on your insurance that you think about how reliable and service orientated your insurance provider is. Our aim is to make this process as quick and simple as possible, allowing you to continue studying or working. The benefits of our claims service include;
- Simple process; register your claim online or with one phone call.
- 24 hour English speaking emergency helpline.
- Specialist Travel Claims Team empowered to make instant claims decisions.
- Dedicated claims handler – you will always deal with the same person.
- If your laptop or smartphone is stolen, a replacement will be dispatched within 24 hours of accepting your claim.
*24 hours represents 1 working day from us accepting your claim
** Single item limit, comprehensive cover
Tips and advice
The Get Ready guide
Top 10 tips from Students
Living the life - Student blog from Barcelona