At Endsleigh we are committed to protecting your privacy. All your information is collected and handled lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended from time to time).
What information do we collect and how is it used?
We collect information that you actively provide us with, either when requesting a quote or purchasing a product or service from us. In addition, we may search external sources (e.g. the edited electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy registers) to assess your insurance application and check your information is accurate. These searches may be recorded by credit agencies but won't affect your credit standing. If you proceed to purchase a policy, please be aware that these searches may be conducted again when your policy is due for renewal.
Information we hold about you may be used for the following purposes:
- To enable us to identify you when you contact us or we contact you;
- To enable us to identify products or services for which you may be eligible;
- To consider any applications for products or services you may make;
- To help administer and contact you about improved administration of any products and services we have provided previously, now or in the future;
- To assist in making decisions on any claim you may make;
- To carry out market analysis and customer profiling and create statistical and testing information;
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
To contact you in any way, where you have previously consented, about products or services offered by us, other companies in the Endsleigh group and carefully selected third parties.
Will Endsleigh disclose the information it collects to third parties?
Your information will only be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
- You have given your consent; or
- Disclosure is required or permitted by law or regulation; or
- It is necessary for the performance of your agreement with us; or
- The relevant third party provides services to you in connection with our agreement with you; or
- The relevant third party is a credit reference agency or fraud prevention agency.
Dealing with Others
Storage of information
Any personal information is held safely with our security systems preventing unauthorised access.
Does Endsleigh keep web logs?
Endsleigh maintains web logs in order to evaluate the popularity of its pages and sites. These will not reveal any details about you or impact on your privacy in any way.
How can you prevent further contact?
If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive information about other products and services offered by us, companies in our group and carefully selected third parties, please let us know. You can do this by phoning us on 0844 472 2592.
Changes to this policy
Tell us what you think
Endsleigh welcomes your comments about privacy. Please contact us with any requests or complaints on the subject.